Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:06 AM

Friday Fred

Good morning all and a happy Bank Holiday weekend to those who are still working/do regular hours and will therefore notice the extra day off. I hope the weather is kind. It's bright and a bit blustery here but showers are expected later.
I have to do a scout round the house and make sure it's tidy etc for my mum coming tomorrow (apologies in advance for likely skimpy attendance for the next few days). Thank goodness she's not the type to run her fingers over surfaces looking for dust; I would hate that.
That's my world-shattering news; How about you?
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Re: Friday Fred

We-ell I checked the diary and can assuredly say --''Nah -we haven't got your mum to visit us'' [In fact its a 'getting-ready-to -go-on-hols' few days coming up]
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Good morning DM, morning all

I hope you have a lovely weekend with your Mum, DM ...... fingers crossed that you are able to find that perfect little dog for her.

It has been heavy storms with occasional sunny intervals here, still pleasant temperatures though, hopefully it will dry out slightly this afternoon.

It's my son-in-law's birthday today so I'll be putting on a small spread for him later, expecting to see them all after Katie and Jamie's swimming lessons later this afternoon.

Have a good day and a great Bank Holiday weekend ......stay safe on the roads if your travelling...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an ->
We-ell I checked the diary and can assuredly say --''Nah -we haven't got your mum to visit us'' [In fact its a 'getting-ready-to -go-on-hols' few days coming up]
That's good C - I would have been really miffed if she's gone off to E Anglia
When's your hols?
We go in a fortnight - hurrah (they all said)
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 12:23 PM

-they are from 3rd to 12th september -mostly in spain -but with a dash over the border into France. I wish you all the best -both this weekend -and on your hols
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 02:44 PM

A belated good morning to all
I had to do the crack of dawn rush around Waitrose, then dash across the fields to pick masses of Damsons for the freezer (while the cows were in the other field and not looking ).

Chloe rolled in fox poo so an unsheduled bath was called for wasting half an hour.

Now off to stone the half ton of damsons and pray they will all go in the freezer...

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone...
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Afternoon all...I am off home this afternoon....Must admit looking forward to it, lovely here, but "Theres no place like home"!!
dinahsmum
SW England

28-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Safe journey Moli
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Safe journey home Moli, hope you're wearing your thermals after all that 100º heat....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 04:58 PM

No news as usual here; cool and overcast with rain threatened for afternoon; it's been dry so we can use some. Got to the market and just pottering around.

Meg: damson jam? Yummy! Are you a person that cows chase? We have a Catsey member who has hilarious stories about her and cows; she's too young for here. Safe journey, Moli. Christian, happy upcoming holiday to you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top