Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 01:16 PM

The Day....

Christmas that is.

The two younger ones have their own table...

The sad dog gets relegated to the back garden.....

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Re: The Day....

Besoeker, Are you saying the children were kept separate from the adults for the Christmas dinner?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Besoeker, Are you saying the children were kept separate from the adults for the Christmas dinner?
Not at all. The main table seats six. And when there are ten......

If you look to the left, you can just see the legs if the children's table and the Mr Mcoo frame. We were all in the same kitchen/dining area.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not at all. The main table seats six. And when there are ten......

If you look to the left, you can just see the legs if the children's table and the Mr Mcoo frame. We were all in the same kitchen/dining area.
I couldn’t have that! It’s all or nothing in my house.
Instead, l get the garden table in and stick it on the end of the main table. I would usually have fourteen plus for dinner at Christmas.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 02:03 PM

Instead, l get the garden table in and stick it on the end of the main table. I would usually have fourteen plus for dinner at Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, Art
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 02:15 PM

Instead, l get the garden table in and stick it on the end of the main table. I would usually have fourteen plus for dinner at Christmas.
I would hate cooking for that number of people. I get in a tizz when cooking for six!!

However - I know what you mean Art. At my sons yesterday the garden table had to be brought in. With a lovely Christmas cloth over - it looked great.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

26-12-2019, 02:19 PM

We could have done that but the wee girls were more that happy to have their own zone. The eldest (aged 11) got to sit at the main table and feel like the adult she has become.

And, an aside, the food all prepared by my dear wife, was greatly appreciated by all.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 02:22 PM

We all ate together on Chris day. AND the dog was in with us as well - on the floor, not at the table
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Ditto, Art[/QUOTE]

LT, l am glad you agree.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would hate cooking for that number of people. I get in a tizz when cooking for six!!

However - I know what you mean Art. At my sons yesterday the garden table had to be brought in. With a lovely Christmas cloth over - it looked great.
Carol, l suppose having five children and their friends always coming round, l was used to cooking for lots of people.
It was cooking for for less people that l’ve found a problem!

I thought afterwards, l should have said in my previous post that l put a nice tablecloth on the garden table!
One year the garden table leaked water onto the carpet, it came out of the hollow legs!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top