Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Re: The Day....

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
We all ate together on Chris day. AND the dog was in with us as well - on the floor, not at the table
We did consider getting the garden table in. we would have had to rotate the main table to be able to stick them end to end. But everybody was happy with how we arranged things and that's what matters. The girls "own" that little table. Eating, crafting......that's their space.

And yes, we let the dog in - he had his own treat and he is very biddable. I just thought the sad pic merited a shot...........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
We all ate together on Chris day. AND the dog was in with us as well - on the floor, not at the table
keezoy, I didn’t dare mention the poor dog! It would have a seat at the table too! (not really!)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 03:21 PM

I'm trying to get 12 round the table today for Boxing Day lunch. It's a struggle and I am one chair short and will have to utilise the step stool. I would think (and hope) that the four grandchildren will ask if they can move into the other end of the room which is a conservatory type arrangement. They can then spread out with a little table each if they want and they won't have to sit on ceremony being polite. There will be three dogs, (possibly four) but they will have to go into the garage. It's fine, as they can sit on the bench and there are plenty of blankets in there. Usually they would have to stay outside, but it is raining here.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:02 PM

The tables look very Christmassy Bes, I'm sure the girls loved having there own space and enjoyed every mouthful of that food cooked by your supercook wife, wish I could come for a sample of her food, she's a brilliant cook!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Our dining room is so small we have to eat one at a time and there was eight of us.........Lunch was from 13:00 to 18:00 hrs.......

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 12:27 AM

Bes
Looks perfect to me!

I remember as a child sometimes having to sit at our "own table"
We felt so grown up but also so at ease with each other
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 12:28 AM

I bet Max got plenty of turkey and attention afterwards too!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I bet Max got plenty of turkey and attention afterwards too!
Attention in bucket loads. And he had a special doggy Christmas meal. We are careful with his food. He is, and needs to be shedding weight. But it's just once a year so he got some ham.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 12:39 AM

Mike Tindall who is married to Princess Anne’s daughter, Zara, said at the Queen’s pre Christmas dinner at Buckingham Palace, all the children were put in a separate room to the adults, to eat their food!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 07:47 AM

If you are going to bring the Garden Table indoors, make sure you leave the Parasol outside, don't take any chances with bad luck!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top