Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 04:27 PM

Cheers Mate, Nice One!

So there was l heading towards my bins with a carrier bag full of stuff to put in the recycling bin. It’s after the Christmas holiday, you know the time to relax and lounge about.

I’d just got to the end of my drive when a delivery van drove in. I felt embarrassed, l don’t think l put a comb through my hair today. Not a scrap of make up on my face and l’m dressed in my comfies! Baggy jumper that has been repaired a thousand times as l can’t part with it and a scruffy suede waistcoat on the top to keep my back warm.

‘Hello’ , l said, ‘Excuse my hair’, as l ruffled it trying to look normal!
‘He looked at me and the carrier bag, the bins and said, ‘Do you live here?’
‘Yes, l do, we were expecting a delivery’. He handed me the parcel.
I emptied the bag into the bin and walked back up to the house.
I called my daughter, walked up to her holding the carrier bag and asked, ‘ What do l look like?’

‘Homeless’, she replied!

Thanks a bunch everyone! Remind me, to wear a tiara, diamonds and long white gloves when l next put rubbish in the bin!

So l ask, how do you dress when you’re chilling and relaxing at home
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 05:13 PM

Re: Cheers Mate, Nice One!

I dress as though i'm chilled and relaxed all the time. It's so EZ for people to recognise me that way. On the rare occasion I wear a suit and tie I get ignored...and that's by my own extended family!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Blowed if I would dress to impress just to put the rubbish out, I don't care if it was the Queen was stood by my bin!

It wouldn't enter my head what a delivery driver thought of me. I am sure he would rather meet someone who gave him a smile, said Good Morning, and thanked him in a pleasant manner, than whether they were wearing their slippers or not.

As long as I am clean and tidy, that is all that matters to me,
I am still exactly the same person underneath.

If ever I put a bit of lippy on, a squirt of perfume, and my stilleto's just to pop out onto my drive for a minute, you are allowed to have me certified.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 07:49 PM

when I'm having a rare chill day you'll find me in my jimjams in fact after being with dad and taking him shopping this morning I came home and promptly got in my jimjams vowing not to step another foot out of the house.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
when I'm having a rare chill day you'll find me in my jimjams in fact after being with dad and taking him shopping this morning I came home and promptly got in my jimjams vowing not to step another foot out of the house.
You'll have to start doing the `Glasgow Marathon`- going to the shops, off-licence, or chippy, in your pyjamas and slippers while wearing a short coat.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You'll have to start doing the `Glasgow Marathon`- going to the shops, off-licence, or chippy, in your pyjamas and slippers while wearing a short coat.
I've seen folk doing that in Tescos in Batley many a time so no one would bat an eyelid, now if you said I'll have to start doing the 'Glasgow Marathon' in the buff that might scare a few folk …………...cover yer eyes folks that woman who needs her skin ironing is 'ere again

Don't tell me you saw me our Judd
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Posh, no very push people that talk with a plum in their mouths use "sex" to put their rubbish in first, before putting it in a bin
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1835576]So there was l heading towards my bins with a carrier bag full of stuff to put in the recycling bin. It’s after the Christmas holiday, you know the time to relax and lounge about.

I’d just got to the end of my drive when a delivery van drove in. I felt embarrassed, l don’t think l put a comb through my hair today. Not a scrap of make up on my face and l’m dressed in my comfies! Baggy jumper that has been repaired a thousand times as l can’t part with it and a scruffy suede waistcoat on the top to keep my back warm.

‘Hello’ , l said, ‘Excuse my hair’, as l ruffled it trying to look normal!
‘He looked at me and the carrier bag, the bins and said, ‘Do you live here?’
‘Yes, l do, we were expecting a delivery’. He handed me the parcel.
I emptied the bag into the bin and walked back up to the house.
I called my daughter, walked up to her holding the carrier bag and asked, ‘ What do l look like?’

‘Homeless’, she replied!

Thanks a bunch everyone! Remind me, to wear a tiara, diamonds and long white gloves when l next put rubbish in the bin!

So l ask, how do you dress when you’re chilling and relaxing at home

Like a homeless person.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I dress as though i'm chilled and relaxed all the time. It's so EZ for people to recognise me that way. On the rare occasion I wear a suit and tie I get ignored...and that's by my own extended family!
EZ, They probably think you’re a bank manager!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Blowed if I would dress to impress just to put the rubbish out, I don't care if it was the Queen was stood by my bin!

It wouldn't enter my head what a delivery driver thought of me. I am sure he would rather meet someone who gave him a smile, said Good Morning, and thanked him in a pleasant manner, than whether they were wearing their slippers or not.

As long as I am clean and tidy, that is all that matters to me,
I am still exactly the same person underneath.

If ever I put a bit of lippy on, a squirt of perfume, and my stilleto's just to pop out onto my drive for a minute, you are allowed to have me certified.
Mups, You mean, no you can’t mean .....that you don’t doll yourself up to go the ‘Last To Post’ thread? What must the resident ‘International Playboys’ think of that!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top