Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:21 PM

New Year Honours: 1,000 addresses published in error

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50929543

A list of more than 1,000 addresses of New Years Honours recipients, including those of senior police officers and politicians, has been accidentally published by the government.

The file was uploaded to the official website, but has since been removed.

The Cabinet Office told the BBC: "We apologise to all those affected and are looking into how this happened."

Among the addresses are those of Sir Elton John and former director of public prosecutions Alison Saunders.

Also on the list of 1,097 honours recipients are high-profile names like cricketer Ben Stokes, former Conservative Party leader Iain Duncan Smith, TV cook Nadiya Hussain, and former Ofcom boss Sharon White.
That's not just incompetent, it's scandalous .....

Luckily:

A separate list, that does not appear to be involved in the breach, covers gallantry awards for police, ambulance and fire staff and military personnel.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:39 PM

Re: New Year Honours: 1,000 addresses published in error

Think I should get the O.B.H . What is that you ask?

It stands for "Oh Bloody Hell " its him again.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 09:48 PM

It's surely a breach of Data Privacy and the government should be fined!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:19 PM

If you've done nowt wrong, your data is inconsequential.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Think I should get the O.B.H . What is that you ask?

It stands for "Oh Bloody Hell " its him again.
My dad always believed OBE stood for 'other b****r's efforts'!!

OBH is a new one, Realspeed, but I like it!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If you've done nowt wrong, your data is inconsequential.
They HAVE done wrong! They've broken the rules they set!

If anyone else did that - they'd be fined!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 11:28 PM

All this so called "Security" is very worrying, specially as individuals will never know the outcome of the investigation, not that most folks would be bothered either way.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

28-12-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
All this so called "Security" is very worrying, specially as individuals will never know the outcome of the investigation, not that most folks would be bothered either way.
I'd be interested! I've just retired from a very long career and my reasons include pressure put upon self-employed people to conform to rules such as Data Privacy. I honestly didn't take much notice until a colleague advised me to get my data privacy policy typed up and adhered to asap as it's seem by many to be a money generating scheme, and the fines imposed for non-conformity are enormous! Data Privacy; Anti-Money Laundering; Fit and Proper Tests; MTD; new Client Services Accounts................it certainly doesn't encourage anyone to become self-employed and start their own business!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:27 PM

How scary, just imagine how the head of MI5 must be feeling after having his home and work address disclosed?!!
Countless others must be in the same boat.
If it was me I would be loathe to go to Buck House for my award, burglers will now know no-one at home at the address so kindly disclosed!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:37 PM

Hi

If the Government is fined so what, it is fining itself.

A dismissal would be much more effective in concentrating minds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top