Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Re: New Year Honours: 1,000 addresses published in error

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I'd be interested! I've just retired from a very long career and my reasons include pressure put upon self-employed people to conform to rules such as Data Privacy. I honestly didn't take much notice until a colleague advised me to get my data privacy policy typed up and adhered to asap as it's seem by many to be a money generating scheme, and the fines imposed for non-conformity are enormous! Data Privacy; Anti-Money Laundering; Fit and Proper Tests; MTD; new Client Services Accounts................it certainly doesn't encourage anyone to become self-employed and start their own business!
Lindyloo, It was the same where I worked. It was so strict with regards to Data Protection and all the other certificates we had to have on the wall to prove we were a fit and proper business.

I recall the police coming into our business once to enquire whether a certain individual had banked a cheque with us. We had to send him away to get the proper request document to be faxed to us from his superior first - because of the Data Protection Act. He wasn't a happy bunny but we could have been sued by the client or in their case, their own case thrown out because if they proceeded, it could eventually have been thrown out of court because we had let the client's data be breached.

It is a minefield out there and safer to follow the letter of the law in every eventuality.

I would imagine ''Sorry, Data Protection prevents us from giving out that information'' has always been the safe get-out clause.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 04:22 PM

I wonder how many other ‘errors’ have occurred that we never hear about?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 07:04 PM

If this wasn't' so serious it would be laughable!

With these errors occurring more often, it does make you fearful about online information being compromised.Oil

Information was posted for an hour before being removed, heard on news.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top