Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Driven to (Xmas) booze.

One day back at work and I've had my teatime meal , sitting here drinking the Christmas Baileys , jeez
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 08:26 PM

Re: Driven to (Xmas) booze.

Originally Posted by Woodsman59 ->
One day back at work and I've had my teatime meal , sitting here drinking the Christmas Baileys , jeez
It'll be like that until all those christmassy drinks are done!!

I made the mistake of buying Advocaat for the first time in about 30 years, in order to make Snowballs for all to enjoy!

Not a chance!
It'll still be here in February 2021 I'm guessing...

...maybe even 2030 if I forget it's there!
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 08:35 PM

We honestly drank the warninks before Christmas Rhian , wife made it up with lemonade and brandy ! That's why we usually don't buy it .
And this from me..usually only like a nice pint of decent ale / IPA when getting in , and only one.
I'm often on work callout or going out to use my lathe although I've stopped going in my workshop , I need a heater in there ( wimp)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 08:52 PM

We honestly drank the warninks before Christmas Rhian , wife made it up with lemonade and brandy ! That's why we usually don't buy it .
And this from me..usually only like a nice pint of decent ale / IPA when getting in , and only one.
I'm often on work callout or going out to use my lathe although I've stopped going in my workshop , I need a heater in there ( wimp)
Lemonade and BRANDY eh?
I may have to resurrect the bottle of A from W, from the garage box of "unwanteds"
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 09:01 PM

What lathe have you got WM?
A long time ago l used to be carrying out the long lost art of
machine tool fitting for a living and may be of help if you have any
problems?
As you have wood available why dont you make a fire in an old
oil drum with no top as a heater for the workshop?
Donkeyman!
Woodsman59
Hayling Island

30-12-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Lemonade and BRANDY eh?
I may have to resurrect the bottle of A from W, from the garage box of "unwanteds"
Yes , lemonade , brandy in Warninks " snowball" in a long glass Rhian, think she was getting us both p........
Woodsman59
Hayling Island

30-12-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What lathe have you got WM?
A long time ago l used to be carrying out the long lost art of
machine tool fitting for a living and may be of help if you have any
problems?
As you have wood available why dont you make a fire in an old
oil drum with no top as a heater for the workshop?
Donkeyman!
It's a Zyto lathe D, it's in my album pics on here. It is basic and vintage so ' driven by feel and hand' I do use a micrometer just by hand on the chucked job ( usually brass)

I've made parts for steam engines and refurbished internal parts on old air rifles and my mates .22 I , like a lot of us on here , had lathes at school ; a lot of decent lathes have been scrapped by schools now.

I actually have a fireplace in the workshop but hard to get to it, ironically that end of the shed is packed with firewood for indoors !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 09:43 PM

Thank goodness I have retired, it is never easy getting back into a routine after a holiday even if you enjoy your job .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

30-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Yes , lemonade , brandy in Warninks " snowball" in a long glass Rhian, think she was getting us both p........
Yes....

That'll do it!
Woodsman59
Hayling Island

30-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thank goodness I have retired, it is never easy getting back into a routine after a holiday even if you enjoy your job .
No , thankfully today I worked totally alone in a plant room

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top