Join for free
Page 40 of 42 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 06:48 AM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

I'm surprised no-one crashed ...amazing seeing that...is it real?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 10:42 AM

Knowing you, it is well within your capabilities.

How long a power cable do you think you will need?
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

02-05-2021, 10:58 AM

looks like it was all done with mirrors??
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm surprised no-one crashed ...amazing seeing that...is it real?
Originally Posted by bret ->
looks like it was all done with mirrors??

I saw that too a few days ago and I will admit that I wondered the same.
But basically it's what is commonly referred to as a drone and the one in the clip looks to be quite large and have a lot of motors so ????

Both Amazon and UPS are testing drone deliveries so there's obviously some capability for these things to carry some weight, but a whole human?

One thing I know for sure: much though I would love a go, it certainly wouldn't be in traffic like that.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I saw that too a few days ago and I will admit that I wondered the same.
But basically it's what is commonly referred to as a drone and the one in the clip looks to be quite large and have a lot of motors so ????

Both Amazon and UPS are testing drone deliveries so there's obviously some capability for these things to carry some weight, but a whole human?

One thing I know for sure: much though I would love a go, it certainly wouldn't be in traffic like that.
I thought that as well....but look at him, not a pick on him! he needs a good feeding up
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I thought that as well....but look at him, not a pick on him! he needs a good feeding up
Oh, that can't have been Foxy himself, as he's far from skinny!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Foxy's next project.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1388568562621730816
You’re going to have to learn how to surf first
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 06:36 PM

I suppose it could be internet trickery, there doesn't seem to be many clear shots. However, if you look at the radius of the motors, it's very large and would provide a stable platform. Battery size would be a problem though, the greater the range and the heavier the load, the larger the battery would need to be. Perhaps that's why he is so skinny. I think that was a problem with space flight, the more powerful the rockets were, the more fuel was needed, so the rockets had to be more powerful.....sort of catch 22.....That method sure seems safer and more doable than jet packs. I've got a model helicopter and it's a bitch to fly, I got it before drones came out which are easy peasy to keep in the air. With new battery and motor technology, it's a whole new exciting world and I think that clip of the drone is quite possibly for real.

Balancing a board on a ball should be all the training I'll need to defy gravity and get airbourne Minx, although I might have to lose a few pounds like JB suggests.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 12:12 PM

Hi Foxy, do you remember when I was building the first electric bike and, after buying a soldering iron and a solder gun, I had problems generating enough heat on the XT60 connectors etc, well I have bought one of these. Have you ever soldered with a flame, if so, how easy is it?

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Hi Foxy, do you remember when I was building the first electric bike and, after buying a soldering iron and a solder gun, I had problems generating enough heat on the XT60 connectors etc, well I have bought one of these. Have you ever soldered with a flame, if so, how easy is it?

We were issued with liquid-gas powered slobbering irons at work, the ones that look like a fat pen. There was a small combustion chamber and an interchangeable end. You could have it as a mini blowtorch with a flame about the size of a pencil end, or put a soldering tip on it. The flame heated up the tip so you used it as a normal iron.

If yours is just a flame without a metal tip, you might find pinpoint soldering a problem, especially on a circuit board as the heat would be spread across other components.
Yours looks more like the ones posh chefs use to blacken baked goods to hide other defects.

If you are using it for something like joining two individual wires or connectors away from anything else, then I don't think you will have a problem.

The main problem with the gas ones is that we weren't allowed to work in the test chambers with them because of the risk of KABOOM if the flame got too near a fuel or oil feed connector, or the collection of heavier than air vapours that pooled in pits and drains.
Everything had to intrinsically safe so we had a couple of smoldering irons with rechargeable batteries that we could draw from stores if we needed to.

Page 40 of 42 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top