Join for free
Page 41 of 42 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:27 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Thanks Fruity, its mainly to be used on heavy duty battery cable connectors, and nowhere hear any PCBs.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thanks Fruity, its mainly to be used on heavy duty battery cable connectors, and nowhere hear any PCBs.
I think it should be perfect for that then. Don't forget to do a risk assessment first.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 07:35 AM

Hi Foxy, do you remember when I was building the first electric bike and, after buying a soldering iron and a solder gun, I had problems generating enough heat on the XT60 connectors etc, well I have bought one of these. Have you ever soldered with a flame, if so, how easy is it?
Fruity has got it just about spot on Spitty, I only use a torch for plumbing jobs. Sometimes the flame contaminates the surface so it needs a good fluxing....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:12 AM

I have more room with the Bomber Bike Foxy so, fingers crossed the cables can remain stock, and the torch reserved for browning desserts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:20 AM

I have more room with the Bomber Bike Foxy so, fingers crossed the cables can remain stock, and the torch reserved for browning desserts.
Factory connections are usually best in my experience. I much prefer to buy cables already plugged up if I can.
The torch will come in handy for something Spitty...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 10:30 AM

The 19" diameter 8000W rear wheel, front wheel, controller, throttle, display etc etc comes as a kit so will all be compatible, just like last time, it was the power leads from the battery to the motor that could be the problem, just have to wait and see.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I suppose it could be internet trickery, there doesn't seem to be many clear shots. However, if you look at the radius of the motors, it's very large and would provide a stable platform. Battery size would be a problem though, the greater the range and the heavier the load, the larger the battery would need to be. Perhaps that's why he is so skinny. I think that was a problem with space flight, the more powerful the rockets were, the more fuel was needed, so the rockets had to be more powerful.....sort of catch 22.....That method sure seems safer and more doable than jet packs. I've got a model helicopter and it's a bitch to fly, I got it before drones came out which are easy peasy to keep in the air. With new battery and motor technology, it's a whole new exciting world and I think that clip of the drone is quite possibly for real.

Balancing a board on a ball should be all the training I'll need to defy gravity and get airbourne Minx, although I might have to lose a few pounds like JB suggests.....
I hadn't read this bit Foxy, and its uncanny, I was considering peripherals for the bomber bike, obviously the lighter weight stuff the higher the price so, thought, may as well shed another couple of kilos myself, much cheaper.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2021, 09:41 PM

I hadn't read this bit Foxy, and its uncanny, I was considering peripherals for the bomber bike, obviously the lighter weight stuff the higher the price so, thought, may as well shed another couple of kilos myself, much cheaper.
Only if you can spare it Spitty....
With all the walking you do I wouldn't have thought you had that much surplus.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 09:48 PM

I am near the limit Foxy, back to 1969 levels so in no danger.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

17-05-2021, 09:57 PM

Thinking about it, more 75ish, nothing like the peak in the 90s though.

Page 41 of 42 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top