Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:52 PM

Re: who will win premiership...

I don’t know who is in the FA cup. I prefer the game of Rugby but I support Coventry City and Arsenal.
Coventry City won the FA cup against Tottenham Hotspur in 1987 and we took our children over to Coventry to join in the celebrations.
It was a wonderful memorable occasion.

Sorry, I have just read the title of the thread again and realised this thread has nothing to do with the FA Cup!

Ok, l will say Leicester or Tottenham will win the Premiership as they both have some really good players.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

24-01-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t know who is in the FA cup. I prefer the game of Rugby but I support Coventry City and Arsenal.
Coventry City won the FA cup against Tottenham Hotspur in 1987 and we took our children over to Coventry to join in the celebrations.
It was a wonderful memorable occasion.

Sorry, I have just read the title of the thread again and realised this thread has nothing to do with the FA Cup!

Ok, l will say Leicester or Tottenham will win the Premiership as they both have some really good players.
lol ,no worries its still football,yeah i think leicester in with a good shout even though i follow liverpool who at this present time are not doing so well but hey ho
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:42 PM

The 2 teams I would like to see in the run up would be Everton and West Ham but I have to say we are half way through the season and it looks like any ones title except Newcastle's of course..

But what do I know about football I have supported Middlesbrough since I was a nipper, but we did win a cup once 2004 seems a life time away.

Up The Boro.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

27-01-2021, 10:29 PM

its changing at the top practically every week but makes it more interesting,i used to support leeds when i was an ankle biter so i got bit of soft spot n it be good if they pulled it off but hmmm we see.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cakeman ->
its changing at the top practically every week but makes it more interesting,i used to support leeds when i was an ankle biter so i got bit of soft spot n it be good if they pulled it off but hmmm we see.
The days of Norman Hunter/Our Jack/Bremner/Jones to name but a few are long past.
Their owners over the past 30 years have let them down badly and I don't believe that can be repaired over night. It will take a long while before they register with the Citys/United/L.Pool and the London clubs.
Mind being from The Boro I have never had a good word to say about Leeds if I am honest. They bought my nephew from WHU some years back and apart from visiting him I never watched a match he played for them. Anyhow he was off to United within a couple of years if I remember rightly for £30 mill .
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

28-01-2021, 08:12 PM

yeah i had the peter lorimer no 7 kit back in those days i remember he had the hardest kick in the league then,but i better stop blah blah blahing as they not your fav cup of tea lol.....
longfellow
Chatterbox

28-01-2021, 09:38 PM

yeah i had the peter lorimer no 7 kit back in those days i remember he had the hardest kick in the league then, but i better stop blah blah blahing as they not your fav cup of tea lol.....
Nah I am easy going mate talk about any club.
I just like the wind up like I said me know nothing about football, I am a Boro supporter.
I did coach and run a local team part time for 6 years. 30 kids a season in between work so I always got back as good as I gave.

Didn't Lorimer coach for Leeds when he retired playing you were right a hell of a shot I remember them testing him not only the hardest but the fastest as well I believe.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

28-01-2021, 10:57 PM

yes i believe he did have hardest and fastest shot for many years and back then they were a team to be reckoned with so its been a long time for them to get back to top flight.........i been following liverpool for many years now n i just been listening to game against tottenham, good game it ended 3-1 to liverpool, they started to wobble a bit but tonight should help calm them
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 12:03 AM

All the teams at the top are 'wobbling' (losing against teams they shouldn't do) except Man City, they are going rom strength to strength. Am not a city fan but I can see them nicking it by a couple of points this year.
longfellow
Chatterbox

29-01-2021, 10:01 AM

yes i believe he did have hardest and fastest shot for many years and back then they were a team to be reckoned with so its been a long time for them to get back to top flight.........i been following liverpool for many years now n i just been listening to game against tottenham, good game it ended 3-1 to liverpool, they started to wobble a bit but tonight should help calm them
Seems like The Spurs are doing all the wobbling at present from the top spot a few weeks back to drop into the also rans.
Has Mourinho lost his Mojo.?
Why send Bale back when he was obviously fit and playing International games. Perhaps just perhaps he never wanted him there in the first place. It may have well been a board decision.
A little wobble also the other night for United getting beat at home by Sheff Utd.
They should never underestimate us Yorkshire lads tha knows.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top