Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 09:25 PM

Re: Thought Experiment

Originally Posted by Sage ->
He wouldn't find any Ovaltine. I've never liked it.
That's unfortunate, Sage. Ovaltine is the only thing that calms him.

My brother literally killed four people. I had to overcome my fear to survive.
That sounds like a good subject for a thread, Sage. I certainly wouldn't be able to resist looking at it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 09:33 PM

That event changed everything in my life, even how I respond to this thought experiment.
Yes, I can see how it would. I'm sorry if the "experiment" made you think about things that you didn't want to.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Yes, I can see how it would. I'm sorry if the "experiment" made you think about things that you didn't want to.
No worries. I worked it through over the years. I've written books about it. The first one the publisher messed up by removing relevant information. So years later I rewrote it and published it myself. My brother passed away in prison nearly five years ago at age 77. I'm okay really. But it destroyed my family. My parents were good loving people. Anyway, everything in life can be fodder for growth if we use it that way. I chose to do that. It was either do that or drown.

I'll have to think about whether or not I want to do a thread on it. I'd rather direct people to my articles on my web site, if they are curious.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

16-03-2021, 10:45 PM

I'll have to think about whether or not I want to do a thread on it. I'd rather direct people to my articles on my web site, if they are curious.
Perhaps I shouldn't have been so quick to suggest doing a thread, Sage. It was a bit thoughtless of me.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:59 PM

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so quick to suggest doing a thread, Sage. It was a bit thoughtless of me.
It was not thoughtless. Thank you for your interest. I'm just not sure if I want to do the write up. There was a time when I shared it with everyone. I wanted people to know what it was like. I still do, but I'm a novelist now, and I'm always in the middle of writing a book. I've written a bunch about the murders already. Some of that is on my web site. Maybe I could do a thread copying in part of my article from the web site. I'll think about it. The article is probably too long to put up on the site.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 10:03 AM

Your concern for the mental health of the man on the lawn does you credit, keezoy, but please let me put your mind at rest on that score. The man on the lawn is not mentally ill; in fact, the man on the lawn is Dave, my assistant, who helps me with my experiments.
Oh come on Harb, Dave's got to be a bit bonkers, to knock about with you.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

17-03-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh come on Harb, Dave's got to be a bit bonkers, to knock about with you.
Yes, spitty, Dave is a total nutter, but I didn't want to alarm keezoy.
Sage
U. S.

17-03-2021, 08:37 PM

Yes, spitty, Dave is a total nutter, but I didn't want to alarm keezoy.
Being a nutter is an excellent survival strategy.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top