Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Beeping.

Yesterday when I came near to a junction I put my cars indicator on and it worked fine as usual, but it also made this beeping noise, kind of like the noise a reversing lorry would make. The other indicator is doing the same, it's not loud, but enough to annoy me, it's coming from the back of the car on the passenger side. I told my OH who thinks with all the deep snow and muck something has gotten soaked and needs to dry out. In all the years I've been driving I've not heard of this, do any of you have any experience of it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 01:44 PM

Re: Beeping.

Have you got a tow-bar and trailer socket fitted? If that's the case, an additional sounder is fitted so that you know if your trailer/caravan's indicators are working. You may just have some water in the socket?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you got a tow-bar and trailer socket fitted? If that's the case, an additional sounder is fitted so that you know if your trailer/caravan's indicators are working. You may just have some water in the socket?
Yes Judd there's a Tow Bar on the back. Do I need to do anything or will this dry itself out and shut itself up?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 04:03 PM

Try drying and cleaning the socket and area surrounding it and then give the lot a good spray of WD40 including inside the socket connections.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

15-02-2021, 06:18 PM

Thanks Judd, I'll do that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top