Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:15 AM

Re: F1 - Testing Day 1 Bahrain

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
If nobody subscribed to sky they would have to show all the sporting fixtures on terrestrial telly for free PooBear....People have shot themselves in the foot....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If nobody subscribed to sky they would have to show all the sporting fixtures on terrestrial telly for free PooBear....People have shot themselves in the foot....
Same as anything really foxy, look how expensive a season ticket is for going to a football match, ( when people could) not to mention a rail pass, if everyone got together and refused to purchase them, they’d have to reduce prices, but that’s never going to happen
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Same as anything really foxy, look how expensive a season ticket is for going to a football match, ( when people could) not to mention a rail pass, if everyone got together and refused to purchase them, they’d have to reduce prices, but that’s never going to happen
Yep, I realise it's just a pipe dream Primus, but I think if only a certain percentage withdrew their subscriptions it would certainly do some damage, operating profits or losses are sometimes on a fine line.....And look how quick word gets round on social media....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:47 AM

I mainly keep sky for watching the f1, but I’ve realised there’s loads of stuff on sky channels I like watching too, I rarely watch mainstream tv, however, sky keep increasing their prices, so it will get to a point where it’s no longer worth it for me, although I should ring and cancel, apparently then you are passed onto retentions, and the price is miraculously reduced..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2021, 12:09 PM

I mainly keep sky for watching the f1, but I’ve realised there’s loads of stuff on sky channels I like watching too, I rarely watch mainstream tv, however, sky keep increasing their prices, so it will get to a point where it’s no longer worth it for me, although I should ring and cancel, apparently then you are passed onto retentions, and the price is miraculously reduced..
Oh, don't get me wrong Primus....
My reasons for not subscribing to any 'pay to watch' TV isn't because they aren't good value for money, or uninteresting content - I'm sure there are many documentaries and travel programmes that I would love - It's just that I consider my time watching TV is mostly wasted time, and if I paid good money out, I fear that I would want to take advantage of the benefits and end up being a couch potato and turning into a fat useless slob....
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh, don't get me wrong Primus....
My reasons for not subscribing to any 'pay to watch' TV isn't because they aren't good value for money, or uninteresting content - I'm sure there are many documentaries and travel programmes that I would love - It's just that I consider my time watching TV is mostly wasted time, and if I paid good money out, I fear that I would want to take advantage of the benefits and end up being a couch potato and turning into a fat useless slob....
What are you trying to say foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-03-2021, 12:54 PM

What are you trying to say foxy
Hell no Primus..... Perish the thought....
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 12:58 PM

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 05:04 PM

Sky has exclusive rights in the uk
I think they’re going back to kyalami at some time in the future,
So we have to pay to watch !!
Not for me, l will watch the delayed transmission !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-03-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So we have to pay to watch !!
Not for me, l will watch the delayed transmission !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Same here Donkeyman........

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top