Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Diesel claims

This appears to be the latest compensation bandwagon, now that PPI has ended. A number of car manufacturers are accused of diesel emissions fraud after allegedly fitting defeat devices in their vehicles to cheat emissions tests and laws between 2007 and 2020.

So what do you reckon? Is it legit or a bit of a scam?

Here's just one which was advertised on TV this afternoon but there are several companies offering to claim on our behalf.

https://mydieselclaim.com/?gclid=Cj0...oaAoocEALw_wcB

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 07:59 PM

Re: Diesel claims

To my knowledge there are at least six companies offering to claim on behalf of owners of certain vehicles. No idea how much a successful claim might result in as my car, a VW Golf and one of those makes possibly subject to these claims, does not qualify. That was ascertained by checking online the number on the dashboard (chassis number), visible through the bottom of the windscreen.

These companies are everywhere, advertising on TV, Google, Facebook etc. They intend making a group claim through the Courts. This I guess would take into account the lost value of the vehicle due to misrepresenting fuel consumption figures etc., then share out the proceeds if they win. How much this would cost the car owner I have never found out, perhaps it's done through one of these 'no win, no pay' insurance schemes to cover the legal costs. No doubt though they would make sure it's lucrative enough for them or they wouldn't be advertising as they are.

Possibly some might be scams, no idea about this and no way of checking as far as I can see.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 05:56 AM

What the hell is PPI?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What the hell is PPI?
It could be Pixels Per Inch - but more likely Payment Protection Insurance.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top