Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 04:43 PM

Re: Is the world running out of chips??

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Very interesting link Baz !
From cement to grinding wheels to chips ??
The universe is driven by DIRT !!
Maybe the author of the Bible knew something we didn't ??
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and all that !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes, I thought so too.

That's for later maybe – there's nothing like a plate of real fish and chips though!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, I thought so too.

That's for later maybe – there's nothing like a plate of real fish and chips though!
A PLATE??
What's wrong with the Daily Mail ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 06:21 PM

A PLATE??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Old newspapers for wrapping fish and chips has never been the same since they changed the ink used for printing them. Where I buy my fish and chips used plain newsprint anyway. That was until they started using specially insulated cardboard boxes, which are good for keeping food warm.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Old newspapers for wrapping fish and chips has never been the same since they changed the ink used for printing them. Where I buy my fish and chips used plain newsprint anyway. That was until they started using specially insulated cardboard boxes, which are good for keeping food warm.
Although not as bad as plastic still very hard on the environment.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:13 AM

A PLATE??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Nothing, DM!

Just cut each page into eight smaller sheets, put a hole in the corner, and then hang them in the sheet house!

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Nothing, DM!

Just cut each page into eight smaller sheets, put a hole in the corner, and then hang them in the sheet house!

Guess how donkeylady pronounces sheets. ??
Good one Ted !! 🤗🤗

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As per july 2021 banned from use, due to an EU decision from 2019. So applicable on the UK, so you'll probably soon follow.
Baz46

04-05-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Originally Posted by Solasch ->
As per july 2021 banned from use, due to an EU decision from 2019. So applicable on the UK, so you'll probably soon follow.
My post related to specially insulated cardboard food boxes, which are good for keeping fish and chips warm. These are not subject to being banned from July 2021.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/single...europe-by-2021
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:05 PM

My post related to specially insulated cardboard food boxes, which are good for keeping fish and chips warm. These are not subject to being banned from July 2021.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/single...europe-by-2021
You're absolutely right, if you use this type https://www.pattersons.co.uk/cardboa...0x50mm-50.html . It's even made from recycled material. I assumed you're using isolated cardboxed. The isolation often being styrofoam.
Baz46

04-05-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're absolutely right, if you use this type https://www.pattersons.co.uk/cardboa...0x50mm-50.html . It's even made from recycled material. I assumed you're using isolated cardboxed. The isolation often being styrofoam.
No idea of who manufactures the cardboard boxes, the fish and chip shop provides them rather than plastic, to keep the food hot while taking it home. To me they appear to be just cardboard boxes, perhaps even made from recycled material which can only be good. For the cost of approximately 31p a time that is not a lot to pay rather than using harmful plastic.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top