Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Micheal Collins

Apollo 11 astronaut Micheal Collins has passed away aged 90, he was the forgotten astronaut as he stayed aboard the orbiting spacecraft whilst Niel Armstrong and buzz aldrin landed on the moon, of course he would have had to have taken the lonely voyage home should the landing not have gone to plan
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:59 PM

Re: Micheal Collins

Gosh! it doesn't seem that long ago I was watching the landing on the TV...... the years have flown by!

All astronauts are brave in my eyes, whether they stay aboard the spacecraft or go 'outside'.

Michael Collins certainly packed a lot into his 90 years.

He now deserves his rest.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Apollo 11 astronaut Micheal Collins has passed away aged 90
He can't really complain at that. Although I suppose he would have done had he been informed of it the day before.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:35 PM

He had an epic long life. May he rest in peace
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:45 PM

He must have had an amazing life .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:37 PM

Oh, this is sad. My mom may have heard the news, but I hadn't. The Collinses were family friends of my parents and long-ago neighbors. There were three kids in their family and three in ours. His daughter, Kate, is two years older than me and was a soap opera actress, Ann is my age, and Mike is my brother's age. I remember thinking it pretty cool that Mr. Collins was an astronaut, but he was mostly just another another nice dad wielding tongs at the barbecue grill, tinkering with his car, filling up tires on our bikes, or occasionally yelling at one of the kids to "Knock it off". I suppose that, in combination that rarified experience as an astronaut, is as good of a life as anyone could hope for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:43 PM

Imagine every time he saw the moon it must have meant so much more to him than anybody else.....
Very brave bloke......RIP
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Imagine every time he saw the moon it must have meant so much more to him than anybody else.....
Very brave bloke......RIP
What an wonderful thought! The true bravery was exercised by the wives and family left behind. These guys are chomping at the bit .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:12 PM

Heinz probably went to the grave, without spilling the Beans.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Heinz probably went to the grave, without spilling the Beans.
What are you suggesting Spitty....?......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top