Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:18 PM

Re: Micheal Collins

Don't know just a gut feeling.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What are you suggesting Spitty....?......
Spitty is going through a cryptic phase.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:26 PM

Have you noticed how long this phase has been work in progress?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-04-2021, 10:27 PM

Also, got an eye on the Crypt.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, this is sad. My mom may have heard the news, but I hadn't. The Collinses were family friends of my parents and long-ago neighbors. There were three kids in their family and three in ours. His daughter, Kate, is two years older than me and was a soap opera actress, Ann is my age, and Mike is my brother's age. I remember thinking it pretty cool that Mr. Collins was an astronaut, but he was mostly just another another nice dad wielding tongs at the barbecue grill, tinkering with his car, filling up tires on our bikes, or occasionally yelling at one of the kids to "Knock it off". I suppose that, in combination that rarified experience as an astronaut, is as good of a life as anyone could hope for.
Thanks.
Brave and modest.
RIP Michael.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Apollo 11 astronaut Micheal Collins has passed away aged 90, he was the forgotten astronaut as he stayed aboard the orbiting spacecraft whilst Niel Armstrong and buzz aldrin landed on the moon, of course he would have had to have taken the lonely voyage home should the landing not have gone to plan

These are courageous men who need to be remembered by their correct names.

Michael Collins
Neil Armstrong
Buzz Aldrin

RIP Mr. Collins.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:54 AM

Interesting article.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...rror/100103584

Apparently his worst fear was that if anything went wrong he would be blamed for it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, this is sad. My mom may have heard the news, but I hadn't. The Collinses were family friends of my parents and long-ago neighbors. There were three kids in their family and three in ours. His daughter, Kate, is two years older than me and was a soap opera actress, Ann is my age, and Mike is my brother's age. I remember thinking it pretty cool that Mr. Collins was an astronaut, but he was mostly just another another nice dad wielding tongs at the barbecue grill, tinkering with his car, filling up tires on our bikes, or occasionally yelling at one of the kids to "Knock it off". I suppose that, in combination that rarified experience as an astronaut, is as good of a life as anyone could hope for.
Sorry to hear that SM. How great that your parents knew such a brave explorer. It's no wonder that you are into astronomy. I always felt a bit sorry for Collins, I mean, imagine going all that way and not getting out. He still got further than the rest of us will ever manage though.

RIP Michael Collins.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:08 PM

He still got further than the rest of us will ever manage though.

Or so they would have us believe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
He still got further than the rest of us will ever manage though.

Or so they would have us believe.

Oooo!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top