Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:05 PM

How Many Posts Does It Take.

For you to get your point across?

Do you have to have the last word?

I guess it depends how strongly you feel about a certain subject.

I do find some of us have extremely strong views on certain subjects......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Re: How Many Posts Does It Take.

Pauline, l would say, it all depends how good the poster is at walking away when they realise they are flogging a dead horse!
I suppose, we can all be a bit like, ‘a dog with a bone’ sometimes.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l would say, it all depends how good the poster is at walking away when they realise they are flogging a dead horse!
I suppose, we can all be a bit like, ‘a dog with a bone’ sometimes.

I guess it’s a passion that can take over, depending on the subject matter.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:21 PM

I'm finding that with some posts/threads, its easier just to say your piece and leave it at that. I don't really bother about having the last word or proving that I'm right.....it just causes tensions and drama, and I really don't want that - being the happy wee soul that I am! It doesn't mean I feel less strongly about the subject being discussed, I just move on, really. Life's too short to argue and fall out

Unless of course, it IS the Last To Post thread, in which case...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:24 PM

I agree Pixie, especially as some like to argue for the sake of it. If you said it was blue they'd say it was another colour...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:24 PM

There's a word that I can't remember that describes the feeling that you have to reply to something that you just can't NOT reply to for fear of leaving the impression of agreeing with the last reply or comment by someone. Buggered if I can remember what it is tho!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm finding that with some posts/threads, its easier just to say your piece and leave it at that. I don't really bother about having the last word or proving that I'm right.....it just causes tensions and drama, and I really don't want that - being the happy wee soul that I am! It doesn't mean I feel less strongly about the subject being discussed, I just move on, really. Life's too short to argue and fall out

Unless of course, it IS the Last To Post thread, in which case...

I get that, I don’t think anyone can prove that “ they are right”

They just post their opinions or what they believe....

Unless it’s a subject that can be proved to be true....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree Pixie, especially as some like to argue for the sake of it. If you said it was blue they'd say it was another colour...

I wonder why some of us do that,.....I know I have strong opinions,....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's a word that I can't remember that describes the feeling that you have to reply to something that you just can't NOT reply to for fear of leaving the impression of agreeing with the last reply or comment by someone. Buggered if I can remember what it is tho!
misconception, Todger?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Could it be PEDANTIC Todger ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top