Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:05 PM

Re: How Many Posts Does It Take.

I left a forum for the very reason that people were just so flippin' argumentative. Lots of sanctimonious 'listen to me' types, who simply would not let anything go. It could - and frequently did - get very, very nasty.

Some were so up their own ar$es they probably hadn't seen daylight for decades.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:07 PM

indomitable, adamant, unrelenting, insistent, intransigent, obdurate, unshakeable, dictatorial.

Take Yer pick
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree Pixie, especially as some like to argue for the sake of it. If you said it was blue they'd say it was another colour...

I agree too, Roxy.
I have seen it said on occasions that some people would sit in a room and argue with themselves even.

Then there are the WUMS too. Those who start a particular thread purely to get a reaction, and some fall for it every time.

It's nearly always the same two subjects that cause ructions, and usually the same people who keep those threads going uneccessarily.

Very often I find it best to say your piece and walk away when it's like that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree, yes....all you have to go on are the words....the tone of voice, body language, eye contact is lost....hey, I've got an idea - why don't we all have a zoom meeting??! That would be fun
Great fun that would be!...I’m up for it. you arrange it then?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree too, Roxy.
I have seen it said on occasions that some people would argue with themselves even.

Then there are the WUMS too. Those who start a particular thread purely to get a reaction, and some fall for it every time.

It's nearly always the same two subjects that cause ructions, and usually the same people who those threads going.

Very often I find it best to say your piece and walk away when it's like that.

I also find some comments from some members interesting, it’s like they are trying to get a reaction from that particular member...reminds me of being poked with a stick.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I also find some comments from some members interesting, it’s like they are trying to get a reaction from that particular member.

I just said that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I just said that.

I’m on about comments Mups...weren’t you talking about members starting threads for a reaction?.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why do we start threads?
I rarely start a thread, hardly anyone ever posts on it if I do, so I don't bother.
I'll answer a thread with a comment but never bother with trying to push my point, they either get it or they don't & then I move on.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I rarely start a thread, hardly anyone ever posts on it if I do, so I don't bother.
I'll answer a thread with a comment but never bother with trying to push my point, they either get it or they don't & then I move on.

I think it depends on the subject Tiff, some are popular some aren’t...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-04-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I left a forum for the very reason that people were just so flippin' argumentative. Lots of sanctimonious 'listen to me' types, who simply would not let anything go. It could - and frequently did - get very, very nasty.

Some were so up their own ar$es they probably hadn't seen daylight for decades.
That’s a shame, I try not to take what people say personally....but I do have days when I bite back....

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top