Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:38 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday.

A very Good Morning to you all.
Bright and sunny down here in the New Forest this morning but everywhere is so dry. A nice drop of rain is needed but no sign of that yet.
Hope you all have a nice day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

@ Barry & Macy ......... cuckoos? Lovely stuff and something I've not heard for a while here, sadly.
Mrs Zaphod did see the pair of buzzards yesterday she tells me, which could well be why.

Luckily we normally hear a few around here Robbie, being pretty much surrounded by woodland and close to Sherwood Forest, but to hear one when we were parked in town at the vet's, adjacent to both a major junction and a railway line astounded us! By the way, we have plenty of buzzards around here too, but it doesn't seem to deter the cuckoos.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:51 AM

Good morning all.
It's nice & sunny here. We're expecting a visit from daughter Sue this afternoon. In the meantime I plan on pottering in the garden.

Have a good day all.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Luckily we normally hear a few around here Robbie, being pretty much surrounded by woodland and close to Sherwood Forest, but to hear one when we were parked in town at the vet's, adjacent to both a major junction and a railway line astounded us! By the way, we have plenty of buzzards around here too, but it doesn't seem to deter the cuckoos.
I too once lived very near Sherwood Forest and heard them, but sadly I can't remember the last time I heard one it's been so long.
I lived in/near Mansfield in my mid teens through to my early 20's and had friends in Ollerton, Edwinstowe, Rainworth, Warsop etc. ; there were quite a few of us that learned our real driving skills where the Clumber Rally used to be held.

The buzzard comment was intended to be more tongue-in-cheek (there's a huge variety of opportunities for a meal for a buzzard available in Lincolnshire's fields alone), but we do have various smaller birds of prey here that target smaller birds.
Last year we saw either a kestrel or a sparrowhawk (I'm not sure which) take out a sparrow in our garden and then sit under a tree with it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:08 AM

Morning all brr its cold ...

Waitrose will be arriving soon with lots of goodies it will take half the morning to put them away but I don't feel the need for such strict sanitisation now.

I love artichoke hearts and am going to try their chargrilled artichokes with some pasta/ lemon /and garlic and parsley from the garden for my lunch .

I had a lovely walk with the twins (just 4) yesterday, one is quiet, shy and a deep thinker the other scarily bright and confident It is lovely to spend time with them again.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:20 AM

Morning everyone - gosh I feel so late today! I was at the allotment until 9pm - gardening makes me so happy I don't want to stop, heh! Broken nights sleep too, so that didn't help. Its a beautiful day sunny day today, so all is well. Hope everyone has a lovely day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:38 AM

Good morning all a sunny start to the day, we still have that chilly nip in the air though.

The delivery I was expecting from Amazon didn’t turn up yesterday so I hoping it will arrive today. It rather annoying when you are given a date of arrival and nothing comes

A few jobs to catch up on today and hopefully a potter in the garden later.

Enjoy your day folks
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:13 AM

Good morning all, have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:20 AM

Good morning all.
A beautiful sunny start which has soon got rid of last night's frost.

Dogs been out, washing out on the line, and the second wash just finished.

I am experimenting planting some Ginger today. After that, more seedlings to prick out and then houseplant cuttings to get on with.

Have fun.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 02:08 PM

@ Barry & Macy ......... cuckoos? Lovely stuff and something I've not heard for a while here, sadly.
Mrs Zaphod did see the pair of buzzards yesterday she tells me, which could well be why.

So great morning walkies, heard the cuckoo, saw a dipper along the river, saw a tree creeper a few feet away and stood and listened to a grasshopper warbler, all within half a mile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top