Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Re: Religious stampede in Jerusalem !!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I wonder how many people gathered outside Buckingham Palace on the day of Prince William and Kate’s wedding?
I wonder how many of them thought they should have stayed at home in case there was a stampede?
This was more like Hillsborough Art. In terms of the narrow exits and penned-in visitors.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This was more like Hillsborough Art. In terms of the narrow exits and penned-in visitors.
But unlike at Hillsborough no one would have been schicker.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Which is why these "religious" events that impact public safety are rightly subject to local authority (permits, control, oversight) if the public demands it.
So they should be.

Actually, I'm not sure they are in this country. At the risk of criticism, I've heard that 'certain religions' in the UK are effectively above at least some of our rules and laws.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So they should be.

Actually, I'm not sure they are in this country. At the risk of criticism, I've heard that 'certain religions' in the UK are effectively above at least some of our rules and laws.
That's so true. To reduce the number possible let me make it crystal clear it's not MY erstwhile thing or any variation thereof
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That's so true. To reduce the number possible let me make it crystal clear it's not MY erstwhile thing or any variation thereof
I didn't say it was.

No more than I'm a Roman Candle.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top