Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 03:06 PM

Hsbc

Hi

Been with them for years with no issues at all.

Been in and out of Hospital and using various devices and Wifi NHS addresses and others.

This has caused a few problems for me, especially when I have been very ill and drugged up.

It has triggered their security alerts.

All now resolved, a pain, but designed to keep a customer safe.

I did not ask for it, but they have now credited my account with £200 for my time and trouble.

I am very happy with that.

That really is customer service.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Re: Hsbc

Happy for you Swimmy. It's about time our major banks took proper care of us their customers.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 03:38 PM

I have no complaints about our bank. We have had accounts with them for all of our married life, 52 years in August.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 03:58 PM

That's lovely Swimmy...good customer service is rare these days.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 06:42 PM

Good for you Swimmy.

They must have improved some because I had to get the Ombudsman on to them ......... and they argued with their decision for ages before settling as the Ombudsman told them to.

In our family I wasn't alone in having trouble with HSBC and the result was that a few millions-worth from a fair number of family members' accounts moved elsewhere and HSBC accounts shut.
That was four or five years ago, mind.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Been with them for years with no issues at all.

Been in and out of Hospital and using various devices and Wifi NHS addresses and others.

This has caused a few problems for me, especially when I have been very ill and drugged up.

It has triggered their security alerts.

All now resolved, a pain, but designed to keep a customer safe.

I did not ask for it, but they have now credited my account with £200 for my time and trouble.

I am very happy with that.

That really is customer service.
I am amazed that the bank would credit your account so generously! We suffered a similar issue in Southern Tyrol when our bank (despite having been given fair warning) locked down our credit cards and our ability to use the cash machines.

The only thing we got for our troubles was a "Sorry" though having to stop to enjoy the mountain views made up for the two hour inconvenience.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am amazed that the bank would credit your account so generously! We suffered a similar issue in Southern Tyrol when our bank (despite having been given fair warning) locked down our credit cards and our ability to use the cash machines.

The only thing we got for our troubles was a "Sorry" though having to stop to enjoy the mountain views made up for the two hour inconvenience.
Hi

My inconvenience was somewhat longer than two hours Surfer.

More like two weeks.

We got there in the end, so I am happy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My inconvenience was somewhat longer than two hours Surfer.

More like two weeks.

We got there in the end, so I am happy.
All's well that ends well! I wasn't too worried, I always have a few pennies stashed away .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-04-2021, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
All's well that ends well! I wasn't too worried, I always have a few pennies stashed away .
Hi

You have obviously never been divorced here in the UK.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top