Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 09:21 PM

Re: Thought for the day Sounds Familiar

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Spot on Right Now....

If the establishment want you to do something they use 'Reverse Psychology'.....

Quote:

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the assertion of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired.

Professional Agitators are employed to attend football matches, protests and other gatherings to deliberately incite violence. They could even be employed by the establishment to turn public opinion against various groups. Like the trees, the people will beg for the Axe...Or a bigger police presence, more CCTV and stricter laws.
At a lesser level Agitators appear on this forum, to deliberately interrupt the smooth running of a discussion.....
I see you have an axe to grind.

I've been drone-ing on about this for years OGF....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I see you have an axe to grind.

I've been drone-ing on about this for years OGF....
Yes Annie, some people can't see the wood for the trees, but the MSM is very convincing, and everything that some people know comes from the MSM....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 06:43 AM

Try looking through the window and observe the view from time to time pauline, instead of focusing upon the glass....
You were talking about members deliberately trying to agitate a smooth running discussion.

So tell me, OGF, what are you trying to do here with these words, that you have posted, ..are you trying to get a reaction,......are you with. me OGF....do you get it?

Try accepting other members opinions, without trying to change their own opinion, which is all that yours is. “ An Opinion “ .

Your post is also trying to tell me how to think, I have my own thinking, O G F thank you very much, which ain’t nothing like yours......I don’t need anyone to agree with my opinion, but I will never deny my own opinion, I’m not a follower, of others nor am I a leader,....but my opinion is definitely..” my own”.
It won’t be manipulated by some others to change, no matter what is thrown at me.
Your “ Opinion “ is no more valid than anyone else’s.

I answered your post from what I read,I didn’t check “ Twitter”
In other words, I never got the proverb from Twitter and read all the replies.
Your post to me is your “ own” opinion......it certainly ain’t mine....imo, it’s a manipulating post of words, which I can see straight through,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 07:12 AM

At a lesser level Agitators appear on this forum, to deliberately interrupt the smooth running of a discussion.....
How would you know that?

This is a discussion forum, we all see things differently...you can’t deny members their “ own opinions “ which may not fit in with ours, you can’t force people to change their opinion, so why do some of us try to?

In other words why do some force their opinion onto others,?

Many of us do it, why, because we won’t be beaten down for what we believe in, imo.........what do you think Mr Fox?..does it upset you when others don’t see it your way?...

Is that why you post. Agitators appear on this forum to deliberately interrupt the smooth running of a discussion....because some don’t agree with your opinion?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 09:27 AM

So in your opinion pauline, why do you think that the trees voted for the Axe?

Although sometimes I can quite understand why....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 09:42 AM

So in your opinion pauline, why do you think that the trees voted for the Axe?

Although sometimes I can quite understand why....

You asked me a question....then you answered it with.
Although sometimes I can quite understand why, please explain?

Because the axe blinded them to the truth, even though the forest was shrinking,..how could they not see what was happening to their beautiful forest.

How did the axe persuade them he was one of them OGF?...

Not just his handle either, how did the axe do it?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 09:45 AM

Yes Annie, some people can't see the wood for the trees, but the MSM is very convincing, and everything that some people know comes from the MSM....

MSM, where does your information come from?

Where do you get your truth from?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-05-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
MSM, where does your information come from?

Where do you get your truth from?
Seventy years of mingling pauline....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 09:55 AM

Seventy years of mingling pauline....
You weren’t mingling as a new born baby surely?...so why 70 yrs?....

We are all products of our own experiences, for me some old learned thought patterns from parents , need to be changed for me not others,I’m in control of my own thought pattern.I am learning to listen very closely to what people say, because this world is so fast paced, a lot of what gets said is misinterpreted and some people add words on, which weren’t even said..

I am loving every minute of thinking for myself.....it’s a great freedom.

Of course I listen to others opinions, which I find very interesting,but don’t always agree with them...as many don’t agree with mine,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-05-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You weren’t mingling as a new born baby surely?...so why 70 yrs?....

We are all products of our own experiences, for me some old learned thought patterns from parents , need to be changed for me not others,I’m in control of my own thought pattern.I am learning to listen very closely to what people say, because this world is so fast paced, a lot of what gets said is misinterpreted and some people add words on, which weren’t even said..

I am loving every minute of thinking for myself.....it’s a great freedom.

Of course I listen to others opinions, which I find very interesting,but don’t always agree with them...as many don’t agree with mine,
Nice post pauline...
I think we start learning as soon as we are born, I believe more in nurture than nature, and things learned from your parents stick with you for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. It's very hard to discern between truth and fiction these days, perhaps it's because I'm getting too old to keep up. The only models and examples I have to work with and trust, are those taught to me by my teachers, when the world didn't seem to be as overcrowded or mixed up and everybody seemed to be your friend.

The school of hard knocks has been one of my tutors over the years, and you soon learn to believe in yourself and realise that your mind is a powerful thing and can be the difference between success and failure. There is a lot of misinformation out there today attempting to change the way you see things, and trying to provoke reactions, it's made me a more of a rigid person and less able to accept changes, and I trust very few, especially the MSM, who I believe are working to an agenda, and the more I suspect that theory, the more I see....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top