Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:50 AM

Re: Private Landlords Try Their Luck

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That is interesting ,how did you manage to boot them out so quickly?

There are channels you are supposed to go through, it can also cost the landlord thousands of pounds and time to go through the proper channels, especially if the tenant knows their rights.

So,will be very interesting to hear how you did it,
It didn't then, we gave them notice to go and they did.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:51 AM

There are channels you are supposed to go through, it can also cost the landlord thousands of pounds and time to go through the proper channels, especially if the tenant knows their rights.

Exactly, I was wondering this as well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Exactly, I was wondering this as well.

Rox, it can take a long time to evict a tenant, it all depends on the circumstances, 6 to 8 months in some cases,

The only reason I know this,I have watched countless programs on nightmare tenants and what the landlords have had to go through...plus the lengthy process of getting them evicted, absolute nightmare for some landlords.plus the thousands of pounds damage some tenants do to the property.

Certainly opened my eyes up to renting, my son is thinking about doing it, but he is a big risk taker, unlike me...so far his risk taking has benefitted him.....but there will come a day no doubt...when it will all come tumbling down...that is why you need a lot of money behind you,imo.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:11 PM

There are channels you are supposed to go through, it can also cost the landlord thousands of pounds and time to go through the proper channels, when it can and often does go to court. If the tenant stops paying the rent..it can be a very lengthy process.

You must also know about the tenants rights?
You can’t just go in and boot them out, you could get yourself arrested for doing that.
Oh come on Pauline, there's more ways to kill a cat than kick it up the bum!

In reality when one really really wants a thing then abiding by the law is optional. Instead being careful what one does and how one does it becomes more important.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Oh come on Pauline, there's more ways to kill a cat than kick it up the bum!

In reality when one really really wants a thing then abiding by the law is optional. Instead being careful what one does and how one does it becomes more important.

Sorry TAT, some tenants know their rights, they are on the case, so being careful ,if you take it into your own hands, doesn’t even come into it, don’t you think some landlords tried that path,?

Papers are signed/ contracts...you can’t just boot them out....you could end up on the other side of the law, which a few did.

You are free to do what you like in that situation....I prefer to go down the legal path....which you must do if contracts are signed...if you want to follow your own law, that’s up to you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:31 PM

Sorry TAT, some tenants know their rights, they are on the case, so being careful ,if you take it into your own hands, doesn’t even come into it, don’t you think some landlords tried that path,?

Papers are signed/ contracts...you can’t just boot them out....you could end up on the other side of the law, which a few did.

You are free to do what you like in that situation....I prefer to go down the legal path....which you must do if contracts are signed...if you want to follow your own law, that’s up to you.
Pauline, as we have established, you and I live in very different worlds.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:39 PM

I agree with Pauline on this one Todger, legal way is the best if anything goes wrong. There is more space in a court than there is in a back alley....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Pauline, as we have established, you and I live in very different worlds.

TAT, we live in the same world.

But in the mind, yes I agree , very different world indeed........ ....😂.....🙏...xxx.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree with Pauline on this one Todger, legal way is the best if anything goes wrong. There is more space in a court than there is in a back alley....
It's a case of horses for courses. It's not necessary for violence to be the most effective way to clean out a property. There are many ways without going near a court or any legal route. It helps of course to be an absentee landlord based overseas! As for cost, £500 will get a petrol bomb delivered anonymously through a window. That's a message few unwanted Tennant's will ignore. Trust me, these things and more get done.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:57 PM

Oh my word! You do live in a different world, don't you....?! For some reason, I'm reminded of Shawshank, where he says he knows a man who knows how to get things

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top