Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:00 PM

Re: Private Landlords Try Their Luck

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's a case of horses for courses. It's not necessary for violence to be the most effective way to clean out a property. There are many ways without going near a court or any legal route. It helps of course to be an absentee landlord based overseas! As for cost, £500 will get a petrol bomb delivered anonymously through a window. That's a message few unwanted Tennant's will ignore. Trust me, these things and more get done.

I can’t see how a petrol bomb would benefit either the tenant or landlord, for a start it could kill, plus burn the house down to the ground.

Then What?

I remember sharing with a neighbour of mine, the hassle I was having with a male neighbour, he was in the know of someone who would have a real strong word with this neighbour of mine, for a fee, so yes these things do get done, of course I declined the offer.

It’s called taking the law into your own hands.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can’t see how a petrol bomb would benefit either the tenant or landlord, for a start it could kill, plus burn the house down to the ground.

Then What?
You know better than to ask Todger that question, Pauline...!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
You know better than to ask Todger that question, Pauline...!

Explain why?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:09 PM

He can answer, I don't speak on anyone's behalf
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:12 PM

Then What?
It's a thing that HAS been done in order to empty a building prior to development. Birmingham 2012 (I think it was. as one case that I am all to well aware of.)

Usually less extreme means such as all windows smashed out works well. Going down the legal path has a cost, often quite high to which must usually be added growing rent arrears. That must be balanced against damage cost to get the SOB's out. If the replacement costs of a couple of windows, typically less than £400 cash in hand, is less than going legal it becomes a no-brainer.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 01:15 PM

Then What?

I remember sharing with a neighbour of mine, the hassle I was having with a male neighbour, he was in the know of someone who would have a real strong word with this neighbour of mine, for a fee, so yes these things do get done, of course I declined the offer.

It’s called taking the law into your own hands.
Since I retired and started my own enterprises I rapidly learned that taking the law in my own hands, as long as it's done very carefully, can often be the best way to go.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-05-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Since I retired and started my own enterprises I rapidly learned that taking the law in my own hands, as long as it's done very carefully, can often be the best way to go.

For you....definitely a “ no no” for me......
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-05-2021, 01:29 PM

Todger, have any of your enterprises involved rentals? I'm just curious...it seems to be fraught with more difficulties than gain, in my opinion.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-05-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Todger, have any of your enterprises involved rentals? I'm just curious...it seems to be fraught with more difficulties than gain, in my opinion.
Not me, my wife's thing. Like me she operates from an offshore base.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-05-2021, 01:54 PM

Oh ok, thanks. I daresay she has her own methods of dealing with troublesome tenants though!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top