Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 09:56 PM

Where I live.

Hi

I am a useless photographer.

I have to rely on others.

This will change, the daughter of the nice neighbours will be home from Uni in a few weeks and I have booked her to show me how to take photos.

The birthplace of Charles Darwin.

In the meantime, some generic photos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shre...Uopu_qjAqpE_JM
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:01 PM

Re: Where I live.

Tony & I went there quite a few years ago.

I remember we got lost in the one way system and a very kind resident got in the car with us and directed us to our hotel.

Lots of tudor style & lots of interesting buildings. I printed the Shrewsbury historic town walk off the internet & Tony & I spent a good morning following it.

We stayed at the Shrewsbury Hotel & Saturday night all the students headed for there. It's a Wetherspoons (cheap beer)

Shrewsbury is a lovely town.
A very good place to live - Lucky you swimmy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:08 PM

I have never visited Shrewsbury, it looks a lovely place.

Love the Tudor buildings, they must hold heaps of history...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This will change, the daughter of the nice neighbours will be home from Uni in a few weeks and I have booked her to show me how to take photos.

What subjects do you want to take pictures of? . If there is any questions I can help with do it by PM's I will try and answer.

No way do I want a repetition as happened before on an open board
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:35 PM

That is a very pretty town, Swimmy. I've never been but maybe I will one day.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I recognise some of those. I was stationed near Shrewsbury when in the RAF.

I can see where The Plough used to be. Long gone now, but was one of our favourite pubs. Apart from having a full-sized plough in the bay window, the walls inside were crammed full of 'donations' from diverse visitors, including RN hat bands and other items donated by servicemen. Every square inch was taken and some of the things had clearly been there for many years.

What a shame it's closed down now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 12:40 AM

I have lost count of the number of times we drove past Shrewsbury on the way to Nth Wales. I've never visited but have friends from there. Is it still the Black country? The accent is certainly indicative. Looks like a lovely city centre. But the real test would be the taste of the chips. Nothing quite like a black country chippie. The bestest most fresh chips in the world. & potato scallops? I've not seen them anywhere else in the country.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:36 AM

I recognised it immediately from all the satellite dishes on the roofs.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I recognised it immediately from all the satellite dishes on the roofs.
Brilliant!

I remember when you were considering the move, Swimfeeders and described it as a very nice town with services nearby and walkability. I don't think I realized what charm it has. I will keep in on my list of places to visit. It appears that you made a very good decision!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have lost count of the number of times we drove past Shrewsbury on the way to Nth Wales. I've never visited but have friends from there. Is it still the Black country? The accent is certainly indicative. Looks like a lovely city centre. But the real test would be the taste of the chips. Nothing quite like a black country chippie. The bestest most fresh chips in the world. & potato scallops? I've not seen them anywhere else in the country.
Good God, woman! Don't say such things to a Salopian. They'll lynch you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top