Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:55 PM

Will one of their own be classed as Transphobic?

There are news articles reporting about Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner, 1976 decathlon Olympic Champion) agreeing that transwomen should not be allowed to participate in female sports because of it being 'unfair'.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/caitlyn-je...210220865.html

For the past couple of years a number of well known world class female athletes have spoken out about the unfairness of transwomen taking part in female sports and as a result of these women speaking out, the LGBT community have accused the women of being transphobic.

Now one of their own has spoken out and agreed that it is unfair, is the LGBT community going to accuse Caitlyn Jenner of being transphobic?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 04:09 PM

Re: Will one of their own be classed as Transphobic?

Why should she be, it’s pretty obvious that Transwoman would have an advantage ain’t it?

Therefore unfair.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 04:13 PM

I think the Trans community will feel terribly let down by this honest evaluation. Whether they actually come out and say so, remains to be seen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 04:24 PM

I suspect that the eventual outcome will be that ALL male sportsmen will have 'the op' and thus be able to claim that they are trans-women!

They'll ALL be able to compete on equal terms then.

Not sure what the genuine women sportspeople will do then though.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 05:12 PM

A bloke's old tweet on twitter this morning from when Jenner had the sex change was full of praise for his transformation. He's changed his tune and is calling Caitlyn all the names under the sun for his comments (correct in my view) that former men shouldn't be competing in women's events.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A bloke's old tweet on twitter this morning from when Jenner had the sex change was full of praise for his transformation. He's changed his tune and is calling Caitlyn all the names under the sun for his comments (correct in my view) that former men shouldn't be competing in women's events.
I always knew that all this sex change nonsense would end in trouble.

It's unnatural, I tell you!

I suppose that one logical solution would be to have THREE categories:

- Real women
- Real men
- Trans things
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 05:42 PM

In South Africa we have Caster Semenya. She’s born with a high testosterone level and competes as female. Some say that it’s unfair yet she was born that way. What’s your thoughts on a person born this way?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 07:11 PM

I haven't heard about her - other than what I have just glanced on Wikipedia, but if she can have babies naturally, ie with a womb and everything, she is female...she was assigned a female sex, so she should compete as a women. Intersex people are rare, but in my (very limited knowledge) they usually are either one or the other. She identifies as female, so....thats how I see her.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 09:03 PM

I can never get my head around this subject. If a person is born with a penis that is a male and born with a vagina it's a woman. There are freaks of nature which are born with both and I totally get that these people need to identify as one so I am all in favour of changing to one sex or the other.

I hear about so many of these 'trans' people regretting the surgery, what then!

I'm sorry but I cannot open my mind on this subject, my mind is made up and just won;t budge as much as I try understand it. This is me being truthful, to some that may seem like I am judgemental, perhaps I am then, I dunno.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-05-2021, 09:16 PM

LQ. I think I heard the term "de-transitioning" a few times, when a person reverts back to their original sex after changing it. I also read that "sex" is in the genitals, whereas "gender" is in the brain/mind. I struggle to understand it all too, but if people are happier being what they want to be, then let them get one with it. What I don't like, is when they change the rules to suit themselves...like a female to male changeling who decides suddenly they want a baby, stop all the male medication, have a baby, then go back to being a guy again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top