Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

10-05-2021, 11:49 PM

Re: Withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

true how many of us have already forgotten Iraq? and what's that other place ??? next to erhmm??? some gobbling bird ??? turkey - yes Syria ?? Armenia??? there's such a lot to forget about innit? and what about all the other threads on here that haven't been answered again?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 12:01 PM

Re: Withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have been tthrough Afghanistan on the way from UK to India and found it a fascinating place, so much history, I even saw the massive Buddhas before they were destroyed.

While I was in Kabul there was a gathering of tribes (no idea why) many of them were armed with flintlock and similar rifles, probably worth a fortune to any museum.

As for the war, Australia stayed too long with no clear purpose in mind but thank goodness it is time to leave. No doubt the Taliban will take control of the south (no one controls the north except the local warlords) and the west will do deals with them and buy their excellent hash. Fortunately the Taliban is the enemy of Isis so that is to the west's advantage, we can probably work with them as we did when the Russians invaded.

Yes, Afghanistan must have a hell of a lot of historic tombs
Brucy, eh ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top