Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 04:29 AM

Repatriation flights from India to Australia

Today PM Scommo Morrison has done his press conference announcing the re-patriation of Indian Australian citizens starting next week - you always know when he has bowed under pressure - he tries to look extremely saintly and very serious.

He was pressured by people no less than QC Geoffrey Robinson on legal rights as well as the leader of the opposition and other members of the labour party. Civil rights groups joined in - it seemed well at least half of the country were there - the other half were cowering behind him.

So there will be returning Indian Australians coming home to OZ next week - fully checked of course with all the modern gadgetry of science to ensure safety. Give him his due he had always said - "possibly next week" he had set an end date but left it open - now he is saying definitely and the date is secured. Hmm the power of the people again!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 05:58 AM

Re: Repatriation flights from India to Australia

Good old Scotty as useless as he was during the bushfires, almost a total waste of space, his only saving grace is that he stopped Mr Potatohead our Defence Minister becoming PM and that Albo is as useless.

They are emptying out Howard Springs to take returning citizens from India. What price Australian citizenship if you are not allowed to come home?
bret
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 06:02 AM

Yes Bruce but surely Howard Springs is not gonna be like Christmas Island is it? - Just a transit camp for a few days to check for viruses? - and then really home!

mind you I am not sure what the phrase - "the govt has signed off a plan to bring aussies home' means? - are we gonna see this plan and who's signature or signatures are gonna be on it cos there may not be a rush to put ya signature on that heh?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Yes Bruce but surely Howard Springs is not gonna be like Christmas Island is it? - Just a transit camp for a few days to check for viruses? - and then really home!
Howards Springs is the gold standard for quarantine stations. Scotty from Marketing and his cronies have had a year to set up similar facilities but has done nothing but left it all to the states.

Australian Constitution Section 51 (ix) & (xxvii)
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 06:44 AM

Scommo is unique among politicians in that you can read his face like a book.I'd love to play poker with him.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:23 AM

This is "Aussie corner" by the looks of it so here's my bit. Scotty sure has been under the pump. You(se) have summed him up pretty well. The Indian thing has been total stupidity. I am not advocating a "she'll be right" approach at all but prison threats??..Fines?? for Austraian citizens.. BS from the start. But apart from that, nothing more to add there. BUt my biggest disappointment is Albo. Not a leader I'm a afraid. He was great in his place. A knock about Labor trad working on the coal face. Doesn't have it for the top job I'm afraid. IMO Labor will have a better chance with Tania Plibersek I reckon but I think she is not prepared to put home and hearth in second place. Her kids are still young. Chris Bowen?..Waddayas reckon?...Same question if you're Lib/Nats.
bret
bret is male 

07-05-2021, 09:14 AM

nah there's a few young turks that are sparing well atm - I'd put my money on say 5 strong characters even including Bill Shorten for a repeat performance? and how about Penny Wong for "queen"
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
nah there's a few young turks that are sparing well atm - I'd put my money on say 5 strong characters even including Bill Shorten for a repeat performance? and how about Penny Wong for "queen"
Yes true. There are others for sure. But personally..I repeat..personally..I've never fully taken to Bill. Not 100% sure why. JUst a gut reaction. I have always been deeply impressed by Penny Wong but she has to win a seat in the reps first. Does she want to be PM?...The one I have the softest spot for is Jaquie Lambie. I think she is the gutsiest politician in this country. When she sees bullshit..she calls it bullshit. Love her. She would be a kick arse leader. But she needs a party behind her. She'd have to go Labor. Can't see her going the other way.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

07-05-2021, 10:17 AM

According to this evenings news the government is promising 1000 residents being repatriated by the end of June. At that rate it will be well into next year before all 9000 who wish to return can get home from just India.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

The Hawke/Keating years was a parliament full of stars, currently the best you can say is that they are a mediocre lot now.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 10:41 AM

I see Ozzie has decided to fly some of its citizens home from
India to escape the covid chaos in that country !!
I hope they will isolate them somewhere before allowing them
entry ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top