Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:11 PM

Over Thinking Things?

Do you ever find yourself over thinking things?

To the extent that you can't sleep, at night, because your brain is trying to resolve a lot of things, maybe which occurred to you that day.

Sometimes you see, say, five different events, and your brain puts them all together, and gets worried because they appear to be all connected events, but your brain wants to solve it all as one.

In the morning, after a savage night of sleep, it's all gone away and you start another day!

I'm not talking about conspiracy theories..

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Re: Over Thinking Things?

No, Ted, once my head hits the pillow - I am gone until morning!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:12 PM

I’m afraid not Tedc.

Once I’m in bed, it’s lights out
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:24 PM

Yes I have, been there done that, not anymore, my mind is at peace.

That sort of thinking, which flooded my mind, nearly drove me insane.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:38 PM

Absolutely I do Ted. All the time. My son is worse. We sit up late sometimes and have long conversations about all sorts of things and then after both crashing we will meet each other in the kitchen an hour or so later making hot chocolate because we can't turn our brains off. My wife is the opposite. It's a pain in the arse innit!?..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:42 PM

Its normally when I wake up in the dead of night it starts. I just get up, write everything down, and try to get back to sleep. That works for me, most of the time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Ted, once my head hits the pillow - I am gone until morning!
Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’m afraid not Tedc.

Once I’m in bed, it’s lights out
Add another member to the goodnight club....When I turn off the light, I'm asleep before the room goes dark....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 11:35 PM

Too much thinking is bad for you.
Always avoid snaring yourself in an eternal circle of pointless overactive what if's, whens or hows.
Too much thinking is mind numbing stuff.

Anyway, isn't that what they say dreaming is all about?
Your brain organising and cataloguing your days experiences.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Too much thinking is bad for you.
Always avoid snaring yourself in an eternal circle of pointless overactive what if's, whens or hows.
Too much thinking is mind numbing stuff.

Anyway, isn't that what they say dreaming is all about?
Your brain organising and cataloguing your days experiences.

I have my own theories of dreams. But I'll keep them to myself unless anybody is particularly interested. However..There is a recent very good book been written by a man by the name of Mark Solms. he is the director of the Neuroscience Institute at the university of Cape Town. He'
s also worked extensively in Britain, America and Australia. His book is called "The Hidden Spring - A Journey to the Source of Consciousness" I just finished reading it. It is easy to read. He doesn't talk down to the reader but it does require some basic knowledge of neurophysiology. NOthing you couldn't learn in an hour from any decent book on the subject. A lot of it is devoted to dream theory and the nature of brain activity during sleep.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have my own theories of dreams. But I'll keep them to myself unless anybody is particularly interested. However..There is a recent very good book been written by a man by the name of Mark Solms. he is the director of the Neuroscience Institute at the university of Cape Town. He'
s also worked extensively in Britain, America and Australia. His book is called "The Hidden Spring - A Journey to the Source of Consciousness" I just finished reading it. It is easy to read. He doesn't talk down to the reader but it does require some basic knowledge of neurophysiology. NOthing you couldn't learn in an hour from any decent book on the subject. A lot of it is devoted to dream theory and the nature of brain activity during sleep.
Thanks Keezoy, I shall have a go at that book! I enjoy anything to do with dreams and the subconscious.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top