Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:35 PM

Re: OGF steps back....For a while.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Are you talking about me Artangel ?!?! 😭😭

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Why? Donkeyman. Are your ears burning? Eeee au Eeee au

I think you take some flak yourself but... you always carry on regardless..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:35 PM

You're leaving because you've upset some posters?
Have they never upset you then?

A very weak reason to leave us Foxy. Very much disappointed in you!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:36 PM

I sincerely hope that you consider again OGF.

We might not always see eye-to-eye but I don't see eye-to-eye with Mrs Zaphod on everything either.
In fact ..........

I know that there are a few rabble-rouser types in here but I haven't noticed any of those types causing you trouble & from what I've seen any difference in opinions has been reasonably amicably resolved.
You should see a few of the hateful posts directed towards me from those that have got nowt better to do than berate me because they disagree.
But it's a faceless forum and you're going to get some strange sorts, I suppose.

So I hope you reconsider OGF, but of course the decision is yours and I respect you for taking it.
I too am cutting my time on here down as you know, but that is to improve my phsical health ............ and to free-up time to do the jobs that need doing too.

Respect, & best wishes to you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:40 PM

I left here once in a huff and it was fine for a few days. Then it starts to eat at you and it’s horrid. I had a few nice messages from people, so l came back!

These days, l just go quiet but l don’t leave as it’s like cutting off your nose to spite your face!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:46 PM

Don't be sad Foxy. Take the rest of the day off, relax, have a hugging or whatever. See you first thing in the morning. WE NEED YOU.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:49 PM

Foxy if people didn't have differing opinions what would there be to discuss?
You and I sometimes have differing opinions, but many of us wouldn't still be here if it was so boring that we all thought the same!

I enjoy a good discussion but what we should remember is that there will be no winner, so I leave the thread when things get heated.

As far as your opinion on having no vaccination, you were always going to be in the minority & I am sure that those who opposed your opinion did it out of concern for you, rather than wanting to argue with you! I couldn't understand your reasoning on that, so would have liked to discuss it further, but then it becomes a personal conversation & forums are not good for that!
If you feel you need a break, then take one, but I guarantee that somebody will start a thread that you can't resist replying to... so I doubt you will be away too long!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

These days, l just go quiet but l don’t leave as it’s like cutting off your nose to spite your face!
I agree with that attitude. There would be no big farewell speech from me either.

If I wanted to leave here I would just quietly fade away.

Later if I wanted to return I could do so without thinking I'd made a fool of myself!

I think Foxy is just testing his popularity.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It is with a tinge of sadness that I must stand back from the forum for a while and take stock.
I’ve felt increasingly the odd one out concerning my views on climate change, vaccines, homosexuals, gender issues and religion. I seem to have upset some posters during the course of discussion and am sorry to those affected. I will of course still be keeping an eye on all of you and making sure you behave yourselves, but The drum I’ve been beating for such a long time will now become silent.......Hooray! I hear you say...
A victory for the Wokes OGF? But I do understand they can beat your down. Take care mate, you will be missed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I left here once in a huff and it was fine for a few days. Then it starts to eat at you and it’s horrid. I had a few nice messages from people, so l came back!

Hi

I am still scared of a bollocking from you Art.

This is because you are invariably right along with other ladies on here.

I have no problems at all, even with my current health issues, with dealing with two machete wielding ISIS prats.

They do not scare me.

The ladies on here do.

I know my place.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
...I will of course still be keeping an eye on all of you and making sure you behave yourselves, but The drum I’ve been beating for such a long time will now become silent...
I think that's a good way OGF. Just dive in a bit less for a while until an opinion just has to come out.

I understand going quiet after some differences of opinion.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top