Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:08 PM

Re: OGF steps back....For a while.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with that attitude. There would be no big farewell speech from me either.

If I wanted to leave here I would just quietly fade away.

Later if I wanted to return I could do so without thinking I'd made a fool of myself!

I think Foxy is just testing his popularity.
Yes, Carol Foxy could be testing his popularity but with those legs to die for, there’s no competition!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:09 PM

OGF . “ Quitters never win , winners never quit”
Come on , don’t leave me alone here , the only unvaccinated besides yourself . Stand by your belief !
It matters not that some others have made you feel this way .
Take time out but don’t leave .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It is with a tinge of sadness that I must stand back from the forum for a while and take stock.
I’ve felt increasingly the odd one out concerning my views on climate change, vaccines, homosexuals, gender issues and religion. I seem to have upset some posters during the course of discussion and am sorry to those affected. I will of course still be keeping an eye on all of you and making sure you behave yourselves, but The drum I’ve been beating for such a long time will now become silent.......Hooray! I hear you say...
Now that is sad news.
I wish you wouldn't go and I'll tell you why............ I rarely post much nowadays because I feel exactly the same as you do.
Out of step with the rest of the members, the odd one out, .. sometimes not much welcome and just simply tolerated.

I like your posts. They're interesting. You express genuine opinions rather than by rote. No one could call you a nodding donkey and I mean that as a compliment.

Perhaps we could jog about the forum together?
Two misfits.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:34 PM

Well having read all the pleas on here, I think you really must reconsider OGF. Please don't take your 'voice of reason' away from OFF. Forums (sorry, Fora!) need people like you who give their honest and reasoned opinions - and you never air your views in anger, or use a bullying tone to others who don't share them. How can we have discussions if we all agree with each other?

So I'm adding my name to the list of pleas for you to stay. Please think again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:49 PM

Hi

I leave from time to time.

If I leave for a few days that is because I am in hospital.

The day will come when I leave forever, I am determined that that will not be anytime soon.

I like being me and posting my own views on life.

I also get it wrong from time to time, so quite happy to learn and admit I am not infallible.

That is not an invite to consider me as weak and insult me.

You will get nowhere with that.

You did not pay me a lot to be an idiot who is easily threatened.

You paid me and others to protect you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:10 PM

For heavens sake OGF stop being a prima donna (even if you do have the legs for it)

We don't usually allow 'goodbye posts' but as this is half and half we have let it remain. (One of the reasons we don't allow them is because some people use them to 'settle old scores ' but mostly because members frequently change their mind after a bit of reflection.)

OGF their are many many things about which we disagree but you are always magnanimous when we do and that is quite rare

Have a day off and come back when you are ready...x
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:13 PM

Thanks for allowing the thread to stand .... sometimes that's all that is needed.
An opportunity to clear the air, regain a sense of balance and discover you're not alone, we're all friends and we all have our moments.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:23 PM

Hi, OGF.

Please add me to the very long list of people who would be most disappointed in seeing you leave. Actually, change "people" to "friends." Yours are contributions that are entertaining, interesting, and meaningful.

As an American, my views are probably considered odd and downright objectionable at times, but I hope they are always taken in the spirit of meaning well and for the important purpose of discussion. Rain (sometimes I cause a thunderstorm) or shine, I press on, begging forgiveness or hearty laugh - and move on - hoping that others will do likewise. (You all still have this biscuit/cookie business all wrong ). I hope that I can encourage you to have the same perspective.

You and I are in direct opposition on climate change and eating meat, but how can I learn from your perspective or learn anything at all, if you don't speak your mind? Would for a moment would you not be a welcome guest at my dinner table or vice versa? Of course not! I think we all appreciate our differences and even when they become sticky, we critique the opinion - not the person!

One of the great joys of this forum is that such a varied and interesting group of people can come together to share their lives, express their views, and open their minds - who would never have come together otherwise. What a treat that is! I for one, get to share my thoughts in a way that I would never get to to otherwise - and more importantly, I get to hear the way others think - which ultimately allows me to LEARN and VALUE others in a most special way. If I had to make a list of the things I had learned from you alone, it would be a pages long.

If we all agreed on everything, what would be the point?

If you want to step away for a while and hit the reset button, I completely understand. I have done likewise. Go take a forum vacation, Bob. See the sights, but don't travel far or leave us for long!

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:39 PM

No, no and no you cannot because I for 1 will miss your posts. So what if people disagree you have an opinion and a right to that opinion. And for your information I very often agree in what you say.

Please stay brother. Love ya ! Xxxxx
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For heavens sake OGF stop being a prima donna (even if you do have the legs for it)

We don't usually allow 'goodbye posts' but as this is half and half we have let it remain. (One of the reasons we don't allow them is because some people use them to 'settle old scores ' but mostly because members frequently change their mind after a bit of reflection.)

OGF their are many many things about which we disagree but you are always magnanimous when we do and that is quite rare

Have a day off and come back when you are ready...x
Indeed .....

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top