Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 11:22 PM

Does anyone play an instrument?

I play the mandolin ( not sure if the noise is music though lol)
I’ve also dabbled with ukulele, Banjo and guitar with mixed results lol
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 12:18 AM

Re: Does anyone play an instrument?

Hey!..Nice to meet another muso. Yes I play guitar and harmonica. Mostly blues these days. THat has always been my go to genre as far as playing goes but I listen to all sorts. I've played in bands since I was a teenager. I've tried mandolin and tenor guitar. For a long time now I have played 5 string slide in open G (Keef Richards tuning) I do that on an Gibson Epiphone Biscuit resonator. I share a Stratocaster with my son who also Plays. SO tell about your music and what you've been in to. Maybe somebody else will join in. There's a few musos here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 01:11 AM

I am no good even on the fiddle but I am not going to trumpet or harp on about it
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jaded ->
I play the mandolin ( not sure if the noise is music though lol)
I’ve also dabbled with ukulele, Banjo and guitar with mixed results lol
I've done dabbling, too ..... guitar, banjo, mandolin, violin, cello, harmonium ..... only ever to a "competent" level, though .....

Nowadays, I let my PC read the music and play the instruments .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:10 AM

I have an eclectic bunch of instruments - Didges, drums, guitars, xylophone, and can play them, but not well. I really want a hang drum but its out of my budget, and there's a waiting list.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:35 AM

I have a piano, I had lessons when I was young. I haven't played in a long time and I'm not really any good any more. My Dad is an accomplished pianist, I don't have his natural talent, I have to practice, practice and more practice wheareas Dad can play by ear, I'm so glad his blindness hasn't meant he can't play anymore as he doesn't need to read music anymore.

When I was a teenager I played Euphonium and Baritone.

I always wanted to play the clarinet but my music teacher wouldn't let me, he said I had to concentrate on the brass and piano.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:39 AM

I have tried many times over the years but there doesn't appear to be a single musical bone in my body! I do so envy people who can though, what a gift that must be..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 09:21 AM

Not these days. My spanish guitar and Epiphone are just ornaments these days. Also once played a clarinet (influenced by Acker Bilk and Monty Sunshine) and a tenor saxophone (that was Boots Randolph's fault).
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 01:21 PM

Like mart, my guitar is just an ornament now. I used to play a lot when younger, but my arthritic hands simply cannot cope these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 02:24 PM

I had a piano for years when I was a kid, used to love tinkering on it but I don't think my parents could afford proper lessons in those days.

I often wish I had learned to play properly, I would enjoy that now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top