Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:30 PM

Re: Planes Bikes and Automobiles

The Sur ron is an electric motorcycle, I am waiting for the registration document to arrive from DVLA so I can insure it. To call the white Bomber an Electric Bicycle is a bit of a misnomer, electric bikes should be governed to 15.5 mph, and it is possible to apply this speed restriction to the Bomber but, few people would stick to that, most Bomber riders when there is a police presence slow down and start peddling . when this Bomber is done, it will be assessed as road legal, and once again registered with DVLA.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:43 PM

The controller is now fixed in place, the four big bolts are to fix on a motorcycle seat, on its way from China. As part of the bike being made road legal, the switch next to the throttle is for lights, indicators and horn.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Sur ron is an electric motorcycle, I am waiting for the registration document to arrive from DVLA so I can insure it. To call the white Bomber an Electric Bicycle is a bit of a misnomer, electric bikes should be governed to 15.5 mph, and it is possible to apply this speed restriction to the Bomber but, few people would stick to that, most Bomber riders when there is a police presence slow down and start peddling . when this Bomber is done, it will be assessed as road legal, and once again registered with DVLA.

So will you have to get it MOT'd before first use to prove it's roadworthiness?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-06-2021, 06:31 PM

Yes, its called an Individual Vehicle Approval, the Sur ron is mass produced so that's Ok for three years but, the Bomber will need inspecting.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-06-2021, 05:13 PM

Got my V5 for the Sur ron yesterday, number plate is arriving tomorrow, insured it, been good ain't ridden it illegally.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-06-2021, 11:32 AM

Removed the axle spacers and tightened the distance out with the axle bolts, this has minimized the size of the caliper shims, bolted in for good.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2021, 10:58 AM

Fitted the Motorcycle Seat to the Bomber, the Controller fitted under the frame has had to be moved, it has caused problem after problem, it is now mounted under the front frame. This means the cap head bolts now protrude into the battery cavity so, I have inserted some 8mm thick rubber for the battery to sit on, with holes cut for the bolt heads.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2021, 11:17 AM

Next problem is, the motor power cable no longer reaches the controller so will have to be extended, also, the controller cover (on the floor) was designed for the size controller made before everything was made bigger so, I will have to make some extension brackets for it.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Amazing how one thing leads to another sometimes innit...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2021, 02:24 PM

Yep Barry, its all part of the journey, If you look at the Sur ron, you can see how good design, and mechanicals blend into one. The controller is designed to look like a radiator, and the battery like an engine.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top