Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 03:11 PM

Re: China reminds australia

Well by putting an embargo on Australian grain export certainly seems to be having a devastating effect on Australia with now mice destroying grain in the silos. What the mice don't actually eat they reduce to being unfit for consumption by pissing over.

Intentional or unexpected consequence?

Who can say with any certainty - but I have my own thoughts. Damn clever the Chinese.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

25-05-2021, 03:26 PM

Keezoy - Hi hadn't seen you around lately but please re-consider your options I have always enjoyed your posts and responded when able - I have never found any major problems with you and this site?

I can't pm you atm being a new member have to wait a while as we say somewhere about wa - the wait a while state heh!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Or releasing another one of those virus thingies.
Yes indeed b*****ds!
We in the west will stand together with Australia no civilised country can do otherwise .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes indeed b*****ds!
We in the west will stand together with Australia no civilised country can do otherwise .
Stand with them yes - but only up to a point. If the Aus government undertake actions ASSUMING they will be supported by the west then IMO the t would be a very big mistake and a VERY incorrect thing to do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes indeed b*****ds!
I'll second that Muddy....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well by putting an embargo on Australian grain export certainly seems to be having a devastating effect on Australia with now mice destroying grain in the silos. What the mice don't actually eat they reduce to being unfit for consumption by pissing over.

Intentional or unexpected consequence?

Who can say with any certainty - but I have my own thoughts. Damn clever the Chinese.

Yes the unexpected consequences for China is that their bullying hasn't worked. Despite their trade embargos, "parent-child" threats and all the rest of their verbal diarrhoea, the Australian economy is not only NOT devastated but doing very well right now. We have suffered some pain from COVID yes. The vaccination rate needs to pick up yes..and it is. We have taken some damage because of China yes, but across the board, things are going gangbusters. Our early management of COVID across the states has paid off well.

I don't know what parallel universe you live in but I can tell you and everybody here that apart from the usual garbage that you spout, you are not real big on doing your homework. You NEVER provide any solid evidence for anything you say and when it is given to you, you ignore it. All you have to offer is racism, bigotry and 5th rate propaganda. The mark of true ignorance. You have ZERO credibility. You are "Dunning -Kruger" personified. So once again, here's a start for you. Oh and you can google Dunning Kruger. I told you about that before. You ignored it.

https://ihsmarkit.com/research-analy...Fy%20in%202020.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...onomic-outlook

Now be a good boy for a change. Be really brave and do some reading and research. I'm sure you will ignore the above references. I'm probably talking to a wall as usual but..never say never!..And yes I feel fine thanks. Always do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:11 PM

Somethings never change, IE the numbers.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-05-2021, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Somethings never change, IE the numbers.
And how to interpret them. Best to be very careful with newspaper reports I find. They seldom address trends and futures.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:41 PM

If war broke out between China and the US, there would be no contest even without the allies of the US (including us, Australia, Japan, etc).

Forget nuclear weapons; I don't think for a minute that it would come to that for obvious reasons. Even without nuclear weapons, the US would wipe out China unless, of course, they had the good sense to back down.

Regarding conventional weapons alone, the US alone heavily outnumbers China in both hardware and skills.

The leaders of China know this and, give them their due, they are not entirely stupid.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-05-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If war broke out between China and the US, there would be no contest even without the allies of the US (including us, Australia, Japan, etc).

Forget nuclear weapons; I don't think for a minute that it would come to that for obvious reasons. Even without nuclear weapons, the US would wipe out China unless, of course, they had the good sense to back down.

Regarding conventional weapons alone, the US alone heavily outnumbers China in both hardware and skills.

The leaders of China know this and, give them their due, they are not entirely stupid.
China has the means to bring down the Western banking system. That's all they would need to do.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top