Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-05-2021, 01:43 PM

In my garden

After many years and a number of changes my garden is now beginning to look the way I want it to.

This is my "Japanese" corner inspired by my trip to Japan. Apart from digging the hole for the pond I've done everything myself including shovelling and raking 1500 kilos of gravel and building the bridge. Next stage in the project is to build a shishi odoshi which is a water feature used in Japan to scare away deer. Could have used one earlier this spring when I discovered three roe deer having my tulips for breakfast

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Japanese garden 1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	15631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Japanese garden 2.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	15632  
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-05-2021, 01:47 PM

Re: In my garden

In case you're wondering how I manage, I put on a pair of gloves, scoot around on my bum and do my gardening like this

Name:	Sweeping.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	15633  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
After many years and a number of changes my garden is now beginning to look the way I want it to.

This is my "Japanese" corner inspired by my trip to Japan. Apart from digging the hole for the pond I've done everything myself including shovelling and raking 1500 kilos of gravel and building the bridge. Next stage in the project is to build a shishi odoshi which is a water feature used in Japan to scare away deer. Could have used one earlier this spring when I discovered three roe deer having my tulips for breakfast
That looks lovely Ulla very neat and 'minimalist'.
I do like Japanese gardens

Introducing water with a shishi odoshi will make a great interesting addition...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 02:06 PM

Your garden is lovely & I have just looked at how the shishi odoshi work. It is amazing that something like that would discourage the deer.

I have foxes that visit my garden, probably to eat the left over cat food that my cats haven't eaten & I put out for the bigger birds and hedgehogs.
Mind you I don't want to discourage the foxes as I have a cute cub who visits most days & licks the dish clean. It makes washing it much easier.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 02:17 PM

I have a baby pond in my garden it’s looking rather green and murky even though I have put In some oxygening plants .
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have a baby pond in my garden it’s looking rather green and murky even though I have put In some oxygening plants .
I had the same problem last year. Haven't got round to filling the pond yet as it needs a good clean
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 02:31 PM

You are an amazing lady, Ulla.

I take my hat off to you.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 02:33 PM

I love, love love that Japanese corner. Get on a plane and come do one for me please, I wouldn't know where to start. Wonderful, also may I say what a wonderful smile you have, you made me smile too!
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I love, love love that Japanese corner. Get on a plane and come do one for me please, I wouldn't know where to start. Wonderful, also may I say what a wonderful smile you have, you made me smile too!
Thank you
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-05-2021, 03:53 PM

The result of scooting around on my bum for five hours weeding the flower beds. Once again the planking, dry stone and timber edgings all my own work. Yes I dragged the stocks of timber into place and erected them on my own - took me a couple of weeks. I did have a little help with the fence planks though - I couldn't reach high enough to put the top row of screws in.

The nesting box is inhabited by a pair of great tits

Name:	Garden 1.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	15635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garden 2.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	15636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garden 3.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	15637  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top