Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 02:19 PM

Re: Garden corner

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
They are both beautiful, I wouldn’t have room for a Rhododendron, but I may add an azalea, what type of soil do you have ,mart?
I don't know for sure but the area where I walk (just up the road from here) is mostly pine trees and ferns, so I'm guessing it's on the acidic side and suitable for azaleas and rhododendrons.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:00 PM

Looking lovely Mart I missed it earlier ....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't know for sure but the area where I walk (just up the road from here) is mostly pine trees and ferns, so I'm guessing it's on the acidic side and suitable for azaleas and rhododendrons.
Apparently they flourish in acidic soil...I must test my soil.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Looks lovely Mart.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 07:46 PM

We use to travel the A21 to Hastings on a regular basis and they were growing wild and wonderful although there use to be a lot of talk about them being a pest. Maybe they do take over too much in the wild, but the colour was always something I noticed and remember still. We planted two one died last year and the survivor is being feed, so realising the errors of my ways with the soil lacking in the plants needs. Your garden looks so good and that area is lovely, maybe needs more relaxing chairs though..zzzzzz.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 08:13 PM

It is a nice spot most of the time but the garden can get noisy at weekends. I've ordered some noise-cancelling ear defenders to see if I can still sit there at such times. I've got a couple of cushions for when I want to sit there a while.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 05:30 PM

Cushions make all the difference Mart ,guessing it is a Metal/Iron Bench. We have a Couple of Wood Benches, I made some cushions for them, just have to remember to put them away of an evening...they have got drenched a few times, but survived it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top