Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

31-05-2021, 04:31 PM

Project patio stage 1

My latest project is relaying the patio area outside my kitchen door. It sags a little in the middle and the planks are too close together so when it rains the rainwater collects there and doesn’t drain off. In colder weather when it freezes it becomes positively lethal.

So I’m taking up all the planking and levelling out the sagging joist. Once that’s done the planking will be replaced with proper spacing and finally the whole patio plus the patio behind the garage will be cleaned and impregnated with wood oil.

Should keep me occupied for a while.

This is the area before and during stage one

Stage one completed after eight hours hard graft. One thing I’ve learned. Never leave your power screwdriver standing up. If you knock it over you’ll get a lovely mark in the woodwork.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C7917EBE-444A-463A-B9E5-20C518A37A36.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	15733   Click image for larger version

Name:	78B2D574-A82C-4590-8489-2B6EAE1DCC4C.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	15734   Click image for larger version

Name:	6FAE2EA6-9A85-42C6-8CE0-F294E52D77E1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	15735  
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Re: Project patio stage 1

Looks good.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:33 PM

You don't do things in small measures do you Ulla
your handiwork is looking great....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 09:33 PM

Looking good Ulla
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 01:00 AM

Wow well done that would be something I would love doing once in the right mood of course.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 07:24 AM

Looking good, looks hard work though good luck with it
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

01-06-2021, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Looking good, looks hard work though good luck with it
Thanks summer. Yes it's heavy work lugging the planks around, so slow but sure.

Had a quick look at your home project. Will have a more detailed look later. What a lovely house and grounds. I read that it's in the Harogate area but is it in or near a village or out in the country in splendid isolation?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Thanks summer. Yes it's heavy work lugging the planks around, so slow but sure.

Had a quick look at your home project. Will have a more detailed look later. What a lovely house and grounds. I read that it's in the Harogate area but is it in or near a village or out in the country in splendid isolation?
Its in a small village but I'm surrounded by countryside....right behind us is a field of sheep and two horses to the side. Its only a small village of about 200 people but larger ones around us so plenty of facilities and pub close by. Are you in the countryside or in a town ?
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

01-06-2021, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Its in a small village but I'm surrounded by countryside....right behind us is a field of sheep and two horses to the side. Its only a small village of about 200 people but larger ones around us so plenty of facilities and pub close by. Are you in the countryside or in a town ?
We're in the outskirts of a small country town, still in the "urban" area but very close to the countryside - close enough to get roe deer in the garden. Five minutes in the car and we're out in farmland and ten miuntes to Lake Mälaren which is the big lake that stretches from the Baltic Sea through Stockholm which is about 75 kilometers from here and on for another 75 kilometers inland. There's a lot of woodland though within a few minute's "walk" from our house.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

01-06-2021, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
We're in the outskirts of a small country town, still in the "urban" area but very close to the countryside - close enough to get roe deer in the garden. Five minutes in the car and we're out in farmland and ten miuntes to Lake Mälaren which is the big lake that stretches from the Baltic Sea through Stockholm which is about 75 kilometers from here and on for another 75 kilometers inland. There's a lot of woodland though within a few minute's "walk" from our house.

It sounds lovely...we are just getting used to life here we only moved about two months ago so everything is new to us....I think we will like it though...hopefully

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top