Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 01:19 PM

Scary Stuff.

These are from the pond yesterday, A wee dog went in and headed towards the cygnets and the father swan attacked and tried to drown the wee dog. The idiot owner stood on the side and shouted, didn't try to help the dog or go in. Thankfully it all ended ok but it should be a reminder, and a lesson to us all about keeping our dogs under control, or on the lead when around wildlife. This could have been a tragic episode all round. As for the idiot owner, WELL, don't let me get started.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 02:00 PM

Re: Scary Stuff.

Oh yes indeed. Horrible for you to see , poor doggie , owners need re training
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 02:01 PM

I do hope you had words with the dogs owner, Roxy? I would have had many words & not at all polite. Not the dog or the swans fault, but the fault of the idiot owner that poor dog has.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 02:05 PM

I am SO glad the wee dog (and swans) escaped unscathed. Some people just don't deserve pets. Imagine not even going in after the dog!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I do hope you had words with the dogs owner, Roxy? I would have had many words & not at all polite. Not the dog or the swans fault, but the fault of the idiot owner that poor dog has.
No Tiff I didn't say anything, didn't need to, as he was getting blasted from all sides by others who'd seen what happened. I couldn't stop shaking as I saw the terror on that wee dogs face, it was only a couple of minutes but it felt like forever at the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 04:42 PM

Some people still don't get what 'Dogs must be on a lead' means. They just don't get it. There's a sign at the entrance to our local park saying this but I reckon nine out of ten dogs are free to roam, despite the fact there is a river and children playing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 10:33 PM

Great pics !
Yesterday we walked down a footpath and suddenly came upon this swan and it’s cygnets right next to the footpath ( it was by a river ) I though she / he might attack my dog Mungo but the swan didn’t even look at the dog or us . Cool as cucumber .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 10:39 PM

They are incredibly powerful which is belied by their majestic grace.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 04:06 PM

The cob in Roxy's photos was only doing what any decent father would do - protecting his offspring. To me it's a shame the dog didn't drown because THAT would have been the biggest lesson the errant dog owner could have learnt.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

15-06-2021, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
The cob in Roxy's photos was only doing what any decent father would do - protecting his offspring. To me it's a shame the dog didn't drown because THAT would have been the biggest lesson the errant dog owner could have learnt.
I know what your saying, it was nature doing what nature does. But I'm so glad the wee dog was not harmed, and the baby swans are all fine too, the dog didn't get near them dad was there as soon as the dog went into the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top