Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:18 PM

Re: Containers,etc

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We use a sprinkler. Like this.

Just did it about an hour or so after the sunset.

Don't you find that just wets the leaves rather than the roots though, Besoeker?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't you find that just wets the leaves rather than the roots though, Besoeker?
I think it depends on how long it soaks for - usually an hour gets into the roots. And the grass looks quite lush compared to what it was.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
Thanks Pauline. No didn’t put on Facebook I dont use it although i have an account
Next door we’re throwing out an old bed so I bagged the metal works. Worked out ok. Garden is big enough to carry it off.

Yes, I think one needs a fairly big garden to carry it off.

I have seen all sorts in gardens, even the old fashioned mattress springs, hung up in the garden or propped against a wall, covered in rust, usually with some sort of creeper growing through them..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Here are ours, or I should say the bosses.

]

Lovely, those sweet peas will look lovely, when they start to flower.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-06-2021, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->

Container in the Pond....

Wooden Containers.Marsh Marigolds

Some more Wood Containers made by Husband

This is a wood container similar to the others all made from poles that are the waste left over from making plyboard at a nearby factory. Obviously you cannot see it...but the Clematis you can...

Some new plants to replace some tired ones...Ceanothus amongst others

They all look lovely.

I love clematis ,just bought one like that,Dianne, it’s on my decking, which is quite shaded, luckily ,some can tolerate shade, as long as it can get some sunshine as well,.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-06-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We use a sprinkler. Like this.

Just did it about an hour or so after the sunset.
For the garden, does it reach the hanging baskets?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

12-06-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Son in law has knocked up a couple of small planters from spare bits of decking he had, just finished lining and painting them, I now have to decide what to put in them lol 😆

I’m sure you will think of something, that was kind of him,to make you some containers.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:28 AM

Vlad, most average size plants can go in containers except those that spread a lot and deep rooted types as they suffer when confined I have found...Here they have huge Olive Trees, pruned well, but in fairly small containers compared to the Tree itself.
We purchased one a couple of years ago and the first year it was fine the second year excessive leaves fell off it, we got some mini olives even, but not a lot of leaves about....Here it is...sob sob...

The Olive Trees are actually throughout Europe under threat from a bacteria that has raised its ugly head via insects, but my tree has not got it, just bad luck and maybe could have done the drainage a bit better

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-europe...s-disease.html
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Looking good, Dianne.
Pretty yellow Osteospurmum in the corner of that last picture too. I like those, and they flower for ages.
So glad the name Osteospurmum came alive, saved my poor pea sized brain ,as last evening ,out came the RHS book of Plants, and even that could not help me as quick as I wished it would...
The water situation here is that we cant just turn on the hose leave it running, we usually have long dry spells and a water shortage always follows.
The water ban notices come up within each region here, telling us what we are allowed to use.. reasons why we have multiple water butts...Farmers are of course under different rules, but still have to obey any restrictions imposed upon them if and when the situation becomes very severe.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
For the garden, does it reach the hanging baskets?
I was just commenting my routine of watering.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top