Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:01 PM

Re: Garry Glitter

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I suppose he's bound to be released eventually, but I doubt if any more of his terrible music ever will be.
One of the best Christmas records of the time imo, along with My gang, very much of the era, glam rock, oh happy days.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I've said before, Glitter's music rightly or wrongly is not played, yet a convicted murderer by the name of Spector has his music played, go figure.
I think most people consider 'Kiddie Fiddlers' as being worse than murderers caricature....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
For those of us familiar with Garry Glitter, the name evokes thoughts of sordid trips to the Far East, and nefarious sexual practices with underage girls. This is what has come to define Garry Glitter, and rightly so, but let us remember that there was more to the man than that.

Glitter’s successful pop career has been totally eclipsed by his subsequent fall from grace, and it is easy to forget what an atrocious performer he was. His singing was truly awful, and his stage performance was clumsy and ridiculous. His output was completely lacking in any merit whatsoever.

This, of course, does not mitigate any of his later crimes; it simply adds to them. I like to think that when he was sentenced for his perverted sexual activities, a couple of years were added on for what he did to pop music. While that is highly unlikely, it is my way of consoling myself that he didn’t get away with it in the end.
Regarding you view on his music ability, I think you are letting your distaste of the man due to his criminal activity bias your opinion. In the 70's, Gary Glitter was one of the UK's top performing musical artists, not bad for someone who supposedly cant sing or act.

His musical legacy will forever be tainted by his criminal behaviour and he's only got himself to blame for that.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not like kiddy fiddlers.

I have no time for him at all.
I have to second this.
Has far as I am concerned anyone who is trying to put any sense into what this fella did is also part of the problem in today's world.
Or perhaps in their defense have led a very shielded life.

Has a long term member I cannot understand how this thread as been excepted in any part of the OFF.
Just looking at the title disgust's me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:30 PM

Back in the 70s my teenage years I actually loved Gary glitter, I have good memories of singing along to him and the glitter band.

His wrongdoings dont take away the happy memories . Now we all know what a vile person he has been and is. Dirty disgusting creature.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
i believe this is the story you read in full and yes they saying he due for release later this year

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/100813...ck-roll-joker/

Yes, I think that is the one.
Thanks Feey.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I think you are letting your distaste of the man due to his criminal activity bias your opinion.]
No I'm not. I couldn't stand him to start with.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:44 PM

He was or is still on Portland prison near me . Yes he is up for parole soon . Nasty price of work he is .

Something I was told recently

Many hide behind religious cloth , uniforms, or disguise who are abusers
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I have to second this.
Has far as I am concerned anyone who is trying to put any sense into what this fella did is also part of the problem in today's world.
Or perhaps in their defense have led a very shielded life.

Has a long term member I cannot understand how this thread as been excepted in any part of the OFF.
I don't think anyone is trying to put sense into this, LF, its simply a case of separating the music from the person. I loathe that vile person (who I shall not name out of respect for you) who raised thousands, if not millions, through his charitable works. He helped hundreds of people, yet was revealed eventually to be a horrendous character. If my family was in need of medical help via his charitable deeds, I would not refuse it just because his name was associated with it. Doesn't mean I like him at all.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Garry Glitter

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top