Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 03:47 PM

Re: Anyone else not watching the football?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Happy to say that I've never watched a game in my entire life, and I just detest the hysteria associated with it from normally sane people, I just don't get it ...
I've only ever watched about 4 professional matches live in my whole life, one (semi-pro) was Bilston Town FC, one was Wolverhampton v Notts Forrest in a cup final at Wembley, a charity match at Wolverhampton, Lazio v Atalanta in Rome, and Boca Juniors v River Plate in B. Aires.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
F1 for me.
I stopped watching F1 after Hamilton won his 5th Championship.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:02 PM

French Open tennis first Greek player in grand slam final.

Stefanos Tsitsipas leading Novak Djokovic by 2 sets 7-6 6-2 third set just started.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Happy to say that I've never watched a game in my entire life, and I just detest the hysteria associated with it from normally sane people, I just don't get it ...

That's about how I feel too, Barry.
And why the stupid hysteria as you say. No other sport behaves like that.

Many of the footballers themselves set a bad example too, with their drink driving, womanising, and trashing hotel rooms.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:18 PM

The supermarkets here were full of people buying drink, so later on I daresay there will be a lot of noise. We heard fireworks last night about 11pm....heaven knows why that happened!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:26 PM

I can't understand it either. Whenever the crowd jump around saying. "We won!" it's as if they did it personally. It was the team that won, not them! No, football isn't for me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:30 PM

No football here, thankfully my husband doesn't like it either
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:35 PM

Cannot stand football - and do not own a TV !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:38 PM

I've tried in the past only because I wanted to see what it's all about but all I kept seeing was men spitting and chucking up and running and sweating so I tried

Cant stand it
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:41 PM

No football for me either - can't abide the game. Even worse now that England and other teams take the knee celebrating a Marxist organisation before every match.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I stopped watching F1 after Hamilton won his 5th Championship.
Chacun à son goût

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top