Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:41 PM

Re: Thai Coconut milk

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
No, I can't look at the link either. So no coconut milk from now on, and I can't buy almond milk either because of the shockingly high death rate of the bees that are rented out to the Californian almond growers. The intensive almond farming, using pesticides, is killing the bees in huge numbers. Described by one scientists as 'like sending the bees to war. Many don't come back.'

A link for anyone who can bear to read about it: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...onds-hives-aoe
Oh lordy Sheba!! you are kidding. I never knew that about bees.....Right well, not having that then. Why must we exploit innocent animals for our own gain - its disgusting
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:44 PM

I hate the way some humans think they have the right to use and abuse animals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hate the way some humans think they have the right to use and abuse animals.

Yes. You're not alone.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:51 PM

I don't agree with some of the more extreme actions the Animal Rights people use - but I do agree with their principles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:14 PM

I would be interested to know if this involves ALL coconut milk or whether it is certain brands. We sell quite a lot of it but I am happy to tell people the truth behind it if it involves the brands we sell.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would be interested to know if this involves ALL coconut milk or whether it is certain brands. We sell quite a lot of it but I am happy to tell people the truth behind it if it involves the brands we sell.
Yes I'd be interested to know that too Longdogs. Is it the cartons of coconut milk, sold as a substitute for dairy milk? Or is the tins of coconut milk, the 100% stuff that is used to flavour curries and so on? Or maybe both..... Oh lord, and I love the tinned stuff in my curries
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thankyou Bathsheba, I had no idea.

I believe that varroa mite is lethal to bees.
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh lordy Sheba!! you are kidding. I never knew that about bees.....Right well, not having that then. Why must we exploit innocent animals for our own gain - its disgusting
Shocking isn't it? Mankind thinks it's the superior species on this planet. It's not, it's just the dominant species, and as such thinks it can appallingly mistreat all other life for its own benefit. It makes me so ashamed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:09 PM

It was in the paper which brands it was, I will try and find the article again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-06-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Shocking isn't it? Mankind thinks it's the superior species on this planet. It's not, it's just the dominant species, and as such thinks it can appallingly mistreat all other life for its own benefit. It makes me so ashamed.

Spot on Sheba, that is exactly how I feel.
Big difference isn't there.
Well said.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-06-2021, 09:18 PM

Sainsbury's have said they will withdraw it from sale

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top