Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:56 PM

Re: Some Thoughts For The Next Election?

I'm not voting - unless someone who isn't a twit steps up. Female preferably....who actually does what she says she will do, explains how she will do it, and where the money will come from. Not that much to ask, really....still a couple of years yet.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, well that's another three years away, so I'll not worry about that yet. We might all be dead before then! Hah, cheerful soul aint I.
Mups!

Does that mean you haven't spotted how quickly the government can move, with Major Projects!

3 Years is just a couple of blinks, to them!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm not voting - unless someone who isn't a twit steps up. Female preferably....who actually does what she says she will do, explains how she will do it, and where the money will come from. Not that much to ask, really....still a couple of years yet.

Trouble is, if we leave it 'til canvassing starts, then their magic roundabout just starts to go round all over again!

I worry that we'll do nowt, again!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Trouble is, if we leave it 'til canvassing starts, then their magic roundabout just starts to go round all over again!

I worry that we'll do nowt, again!
Shall we start the revolution now then? I'm all for it...just let me grab my placard and whistle and I'll be right there!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Shall we start the revolution now then? I'm all for it...just let me grab my placard and whistle and I'll be right there!
People usually need to be starving or severely repressed before they are prepared to undertake a proper revolt. I don't foresee any revolutions here in the immediate future.

Up the Workers.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

14-06-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
People usually need to be starving or severely repressed before they are prepared to undertake a proper revolt. I don't foresee any revolutions here in the immediate future.

Up the Workers.
I'd rather start it now while I've still got the energy. If I wait until I'm starving and repressed, you'll find me sitting in the corner, crying!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:52 PM

I won't vote to give Boris a second term and unless someone with a backbone steps up to lead the conservatives I won't be inclined to vote at all.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I won't be inclined to vote at all.
Well I would encourage you to vote, Bread, on the off chance of your inadvertently getting it right.

PS. I think you are being harsh to blame one person for not achieving success in a hopeless situation. Although I suppose you could blame him for lying about the possibility of a favourable outcome of Brexit. I bet he was amazed when he realised how many fools believed him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Why, Mups; what have you heard?

Don't worry Harbal, I am sure you will be spared for a good while yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:21 PM

I understood the fixed term parliament act may be repealed this year some time so no one knows when the next election may be.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ct-repeal-bill

If it is repealed the government is unlikely to serve for the full 5 year term that triggers an automatic dissolution but at some time of their choosing when 'the time is right' .

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top