Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:52 PM

So many are wrong

All of us have read various ancient books, including The Holy Bible, that mentions corn in its narrative. Even today, many authors who write stories of ancient times mention corn in their stories. They are all wrong.

Corn was 1st cultivated by the Maya Indians of Central America, 10,000 years ago. It was not until Christopher Columbus that corn was introduced into Europe and later into The Middle East.

You might well ask, "How can The Bible, an allegedly ancient text be so wrong ?" You will not see corn mentioned in the Old Testament, only in The New Testament. Much, if not all, of The New Testament was translated well after Columbus' time.

So, as you read your Bible or a wide variety of novels of ancient times, and you see a reference to corn, be aware that they are wrong.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Re: So many are wrong

The bible also states pi=3 rather than 3.1415etc.

Having said that, there are probably more pressing errors and fictions than corn and pi in it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:07 PM

Yep bakerman, do you think you have found the Loophole?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:09 PM

Marx my words, others have sought it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
All of us have read various ancient books, including The Holy Bible,
I have read ancient books; all the books in our local library when I was a kid were ancient. I have never read the Bible though, so you are wrong about that.

Corn was 1st cultivated by the Maya Indians of Central America, 10,000 years ago. It was not until Christopher Columbus that corn was introduced into Europe and later into The Middle East.
"corn" is used by many people as a generic term for various types of cereal grain, and the Mayans cultivated maize. Wrong again; twice this time.

You might well ask, "How can The Bible, an allegedly ancient text be so wrong ?"
I never ask that. What amazes me is how anybody expects it to be right.

So, as you read your Bible or a wide variety of novels of ancient times, and you see a reference to corn, be aware that they are wrong.
Are you on drugs, Bakerman?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep bakerman, do you think you have found the Loophole?
I'm not clear on what you are asking. The loophole to what ?
bakerman
Mexico

14-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The bible also states pi=3 rather than 3.1415etc.

Having said that, there are probably more pressing errors and fictions than corn and pi in it

No doubt you are correct about more pressing errors. I, however, merely mentioned corn.

PS: I did not know that pi is mentioned in the bible. Interesting.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:40 PM

PS: I did not know that pi is mentioned in the bible. Interesting.
I believe there is also a recipe for Cornish Pasties in it somewhere. The Mayans didn't have Cornish Pasties either, btw. Anyone who says they did is wrong.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:40 PM

I don't remember corn being mentioned in the Bible, just sheaves of wheat. Perhaps it depends on which version.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

14-06-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't remember corn being mentioned in the Bible, just sheaves of wheat. Perhaps it depends on which version.
I think that Bakerman is referring to the Mayan version.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top