Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:52 PM

being able to use both hand videoing

The camcorder (Sony fdr-ax53) is a great bit of kit, however some things, such as to be able to use both hand to zoom and pan, isn't easy hand held the buttons on the top are too close together. with the moman table top tripod no real issue. it is only when wanting to use on a full size tripod things get complicated due to thread size differences. Also the large tripod thread is too short for my needs

So on with the thinking cap and only using bits and pieces I managed to find a solution

the flat bar I had to drill out another hole so I could fix the wireless receiver to it using that flat disc with a thread. then the two small threaded studes to hold the Moman panning unit onto.

took a bit of working out but now i can pan and tilt the camcorder with my left hand and using the wieless transmitter do the zoom part as well
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:55 PM

Re: being able to use both hand videoing

That's very clever RS, good thinking! Glad it worked for you - not many people would have the patience to think it through. They would perhaps discard it and go buy something else to fix the problem.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:02 PM

Re: being able to use both hand videoing

One thing that got me stuck for a time was the length of the cable from the receiver to the camcorder had to reach and also move with the panning hence that flat bar to fix it to

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top