Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:10 PM

Re: Australian Magpies

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have no idea Bruce but I think they must be closely related. same markings and same viciousness. Nice to see the comparison though alive and moving to get a better idea
I think that is why we have an Alligator River in the NT when there are no alligators anywhere in Australia, they look similar but are unrelated.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think that is why we have an Alligator River in the NT when there are no alligators anywhere in Australia, they look similar but are unrelated.
'Gators are smaller than crocs yeah?..But true, we don't have them here. Just crocs. I've seen a maggie sitting on a croc's back at our local wild life park. I'm sure they were friends.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My favourite bird. I love their sound and they are incredibly smart. But yes they sure can be aggressive. And they are spooky the way they decide they like some people and not others.
It's only when they've got fledglings though.Feeding them might have something to do with keeping them happy.We make sure ours are well fed.One would come into the kitchen and stand in front of the 'fridge.Their singing is just as much the sound of Australia as the Kookaburra's laugh to me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top