Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 03:12 AM

Re: Rabbit query

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
All 3 of my house trained rabbits LOVED bananas.
My last ones favourite food was gladiolus. I’d buy bunches just to feed him.
He was my favourite.
I had a house rabbit when I was a child.I wanted a dog but the landlord wouldn't allow them.He had his mad moments and zoomed about just like a dog.And a big surprise to me,he loved to sleep really stretched out and not curled up as I expected.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently, a diet consisting solely of rabbit (and absolutely nothing else) will cause fatigue, diarrhea and, ultimately, death .....
You been watching old episodes of QI again, Omah? That's where I discovered that fact.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I had a house rabbit when I was a child.I wanted a dog but the landlord wouldn't allow them.He had his mad moments and zoomed about just like a dog.And a big surprise to me,he loved to sleep really stretched out and not curled up as I expected.
Oh they certainly love to sleep and stretch out. They sleep very much like a cat . Sometimes they lay down with their front paws tucked under them and sometimes they are on their side sprawled right out. I’ve actually got quite a few bunny pictures somewhere. We just moved so I don't quite know where everything is yet.
My rabbits had those crazy moments of dashing here and there spontaneously and jumping in the air clapping their paws type of thing. One can’t help but laugh
Rabbits truly make great pets, thats for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I have a rabbit that has the free run of my flat, and we have an almost human to human relationship. Not long after she first came to live with me, I noticed something strange, or at least it seemed strange to me. I noticed that, when we kissed, there was a distinct taste of banana, yet she has never been near a banana. In fact, I have never given her fruit of any kind. Is it normal, does anyone know?

I wish I'd known about it before I named her Carrot.

Why did you name her carrot? Carrots don't normally have names.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I named her carrot because I wanted to. You got a problem with that, Longdogs?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:43 PM

Aldi have a carrot called Kevin.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I named her carrot because I wanted to. You got a problem with that, Longdogs?
Of course not but what name did you give her carrot? I need to know because I am writing a book about my Salad days.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-06-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Doesn't he get eaten every Christmas?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well where else would you expect to find a carrot called Kevin, except, possibly, Lidl? And theirs is called Wayne.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

17-06-2021, 05:54 PM

Of course not but what name did you give her carrot? I need to know because I am writing a book about my Salad days.
I never gave her a carrot, I just named her after that particular vegetable. If I had given her a carrot, it would have been Hermione. Probably from Waitrose.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top