Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 09:31 AM

Nine lives possibly still remaining …

"A family got a "huge shock" when their pet cat which they thought they had cremated turned up alive and well."

"Frankie, a 16-year-old tabby, went missing from his home in Warrington, Cheshire, on 19 May.

When Frankie reappeared Mrs Fitzsimons' son Remy, seven, declared: "It's a miracle. We thought he had died.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-57487383
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Re: Nine lives possibly still remaining …

A happy ending for ONE cat at least. That must have been such a shock though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:55 AM

The Family must have thought they were seeing a ghost cat. Sad the other one had been run over & killed, they could have been related.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:07 AM

What a lovely surprise for the family
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:17 AM

I read this yesterday, what a wonderful surprise for them all. Sad for the owners of the cremated cat, who will probably only now be realising that their cat isn't lost somewhere, isn't going to turn up hungry some day soon
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:15 PM

Goodness me, what a shock that must have been. I bet they couldn't believe it at first!
I wonder if they ever found the owners of the one they incinerated?

Very glad they got their pet back safely though.

As a slight detour if I may - it was on the news this morning about a 4 week old kitten found as a stow away on a lorry from Rumania. The lorry had been on the road for a whole week.
The kitten was severaly dehydreated, but the rescue people said it is now well and ready for a new home.

How the hell can a kitten four weeks old find its way up into a lorry? I'd have thought it would still be curled up with its Mum and siblings at that age?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Goodness me, what a shock that must have been. I bet they couldn't believe it at first!
I wonder if they ever found the owners of the one they incinerated?

Very glad they got their pet back safely though.

As a slight detour if I may - it was on the news this morning about a 4 week old kitten found as a stow away on a lorry from Rumania. The lorry had been on the road for a whole week.
The kitten was severaly dehydreated, but the rescue people said it is now well and ready for a new home.

How the hell can a kitten four weeks old find its way up into a lorry? I'd have thought it would still be curled up with its Mum and siblings at that age?
I think it was placed there. There might be a few surprises of that sort in lorries, for all we know. Poor kitty, glad its ok though.

And on the original post...great news for the family

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top