Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 03:44 PM

Re: Coffee Grinds

I bought some copper tape and wrapped it around the pots and it seems to be having a good effect. I also bought some organic pellets which are not harmful to pets , bees or birds etc and they appear to be working. Mind you, I did remove fifty odd slugs and snails the other night so that's got to help too.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 04:30 PM

What did you do with the slugs.....?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What did you do with the slugs.....?
Well I didn't kill them (I try not to kill anything) but I sent them on a little trip over to one of my neighbour's then placed a line of organic pellets along the top of the wall in case they decide to make their way back. It's what neighbours are for.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 08:20 AM

Flying slugs, eh? Bet they loved that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-06-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Flying slugs, eh? Bet they loved that!
They were all tangled up together in a ball (a bit like one of your parties).
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Eeewww....that sounds disgusting! I'm calling PETA for Slug Abuse. And rather like the parties that you would attend...keys in the dish type, aye I know your sort!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thought that copper sulphate was the thing to use?
Can’t remember where I seen it, but I am giving it a whirl…I have two hydrangeas both the same plant I will let you know how it develops
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I didn't kill them (I try not to kill anything) but I sent them on a little trip over to one of my neighbour's then placed a line of organic pellets along the top of the wall in case they decide to make their way back. It's what neighbours are for.
I threw a snail over my fence in April, yesterday there was a knock on the door I opened it and there was the snail, ‘what did you do that for for?’ he said in a very cross voice.

Sorry…coat..hat ..door
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-06-2021, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I threw a snail over my fence in April, yesterday there was a knock on the door I opened it and there was the snail, ‘what did you do that for for?’ he said in a very cross voice.

Sorry…coat..hat ..door
See, they can be quick when they want to be.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 04:57 AM

Still laughing here Vlad

My neighbour in my last house wasn't keen on my cats using her garden and she read somewhere that coffee grinds seem to deter them....anyway it turns out my cats like coffee

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top